1.6 installation in sub-directory at godaddy.com ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Dear Possibly Informed Person:

I seem to be unable to install nopCommerce from a domain that is not the "Primary Domain" at godaddy.com.

I have several web applications at godaddy, one of which resides in the root, or "html" directory for my account, and others that reside in sub-directories. The subdirectories have names like "site_this" or "site_that". Each sub-directory is configured as an IIS application directory. They work fine that way.

However, when I upload the extracted nopCommerce files and directories to a site sub-directory, I am unable to launch the ~/install/install.aspx page because I get an error.

The error is: "Theme 'White' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories."
"[No relevant source lines]"
"Source File: D:\Hosting\6237690\html\web.config    Line: 30 "

Evidently, the install page has decided to look at the config file in my other appication's root: the "html" directory; my "primary domain"'s web.config file.

I suppose I could get around this problem by replacing my Primary Domain application with nopCommerce, and then moving the other site from the "html" root to a sub-directory. But this seems like an odd requirement.

I've looked through the forums and have not found an entry quite like this one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dan N8PPQ
13 years ago
Hello, maybe it's the issue with web.config inherance, that values from root web.config are inherit in childs virtual application. I'am interest in hosting NopCommerce in a virtual directory, not root one, and maybe to solve this trouble is enough with put

<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">

<system.web>
        <httpModules>

</httpModules>

</system.web>
    </location>
Here is the original answer http://www.kowitz.net/archive/2007/05/16/stopping-asp.net-web.config-inheritance
in root web.config,
(not yet tested from me)
hope this help
13 years ago
Thanks compventval,

This sounded like the fix I was looking for. However, it seems to require .NET 4.0.

I updated everything here and at godaddy to .NET 4.0, which required me to update Visual Studio to 2010. Since I had all this, I also moved up to nopCommerce 1.7. All that is exciting, but the fix did not produce the much desired result. For some reason, certain aps in my subdirectories still refer to the web.config file in the root and then look for themes, etc. specified there.

I think there's something inherently wrong with putting applications in the root, but it seems that that's the way it has to be at godaddy.

(I'm still trying to install nopCommerce at godaddy - the wizard won't work, so I'm banging at it without the wizard. Geeszh!)

Thanks again,

Dan
13 years ago
I read in another message that you solved finally it, (in my case web.config was enough simple i not need any round trip)
Regards!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.