Better Product Navigation in Administration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
I currently have 148 pages of products that I have to search through to find a product to modify. It would be nice to have a couple of features here.  

The ability to go to a certain page directly
The ability to search for a product whether by sku, name, price, inventory, etc.
Maybe the ability to click on a letter and it takes you to the page(s) of products that begin with that letter

Just a few ideas I've had while getting frustrated trying to find things in my product list.  

Thanks,
WaltD
15 years ago
Maybe adding sub-categories would help?
15 years ago
Well, I have sub categories.  A couple layers in fact.  My problem is, I just imported 2000 products and I'm going through and adding pictures and assigning them to categories and manufacturers.  The reason I didn't do this during the import process is I didn't want to go through and have to figure out each category's id to put in the import file.  I know, which is the lesser of two evils?  LOL
15 years ago
Why not run an SQL cat/prod mapping script first and finally add the pictures?
15 years ago
hmmm, I guess I could do that, but I just think it would be a nice feature to have as a part of the admin section.  I think the biggest reason is that while yes, I am capable of doing this in sql, if I were to offer nop to someone else to use, I wouldn't want to have to keep helping them do stuff in sql.  I have several friends/clients who are a lot less technical than I am and I don't mind helping with some things but if it's something that they could do themselves, why not make it as easy as possible.
15 years ago
Another suggestion...

Page with products that are not longer in stock anymore.
Or notify on admin homepage that product(s) X is out of stock when a customer had ordered the last one.
15 years ago
Hi,
The first of your requests is already available in nopCommerce. In administration:

Site Structure > Products > Products Low Stock

Second request (store keeper notification for low stock activity) will be available in next release.

Thanks,

Ben
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.