How to upgrade from 1.4 version to 1.8 version ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have a website that is based on nopCommerce 1.4 version.

When i was working on this website, i did 2 changes:

1st Change) In database I added 1 extra table in it that includes 3 extra fields for product information (Cost, MSRP, Bar Code)

So, along with it i added 3 stored procedures also (for addition/updation/deletion).

2nd Change) I also added one more store procedure to search option, in order to provide feature to search products with bar code number.

These are the only changes i did, now i have many registered customers on the website. What's the best procedure to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.8 without losing any data , products information , images and customers registrations ?

Andrei, could you please guide me in a right direction ?
13 years ago
Database:
1. Update your database (1.50 SQL upgrade script, then 1.60, then 1.70, then 1.80)

Source code:
1. Open 1.80 solution
2. Update EF model
3. Merge (perhaps, manually) all the changes that you did before

That's all.

P.S Upgrading our official site (www.nopCommerce.com) takes about 3 hours for each release. So it should be quite easy
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
Database:
1. Update your database (1.50 SQL upgrade script, then 1.60, then 1.70, then 1.80)

Source code:
1. Open 1.80 solution
2. Update EF model
3. Merge (perhaps, manually) all the changes that you did before

That's all.

P.S Upgrading our official site (www.nopCommerce.com) takes about 3 hours for each release. So it should be quite easy

1) If i want to remove the extra things i added in the database, how to go about it ?  Should i just delete the extra table and SPs ? and nothing from source code ? and upgrade the database ? By this way am i going to loose any data other than those extra fields in extra table ?

2) If i want to keep the things that i added  in 1.4 database, if i run upgrade script for 1.5 - 1.8, then am i going to mess up the database ? as there are extra fields in 1.4 database ?
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
If i want to remove the extra things i added in the database, how to go about it ?  Should i just delete the extra table and SPs ? and nothing from source code ? and upgrade the database ? By this way am i going to loose any data other than those extra fields in extra table ?

Remove them from database. And remove not used entities/fields from source code. Then update your model. That's all.

abcd_12345 wrote:
If i want to keep the things that i added  in 1.4 database, if i run upgrade script for 1.5 - 1.8, then am i going to mess up the database?

It all depends on the changes that you did. Also I recommend you to analyze each upgrade SQL script in order to know what tables and columns were changed
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.