Payment Gateway Suggestion

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Hi There,

Great product so far, I have just intalled and am finding my way around now.  Im trying to decide on payment gateway.  A useful provider to have for UK users would be Sage Pay (formally ProTx) as its an affordable solution which is fairly well know.

Regards

Rick
15 years ago
Thanks for the feedback.

I have had a couple of requests for Sage Pay (ProTx). Working on PayPal Pro UK in the next couple of weeks but will look at this once I have finished.
15 years ago
Thats great thanks, on a similar note, which gateway do you suggest (of those currently available) for UK sites taking payments in pounds sterling - both from a cost and quality of service perspective?
15 years ago
It does depend on the volumes of transactions you expect to be doing. Many of my clients already have merchant accounts with their banks (especially those who already run physical stores) so services like ProTx are the most cost effective. As for quality - I have heard good and bad things about ProTx - perhaps they are better now they are under Sage. Another similar option is CardSave. They are still in the process of creating their own API (currently using NetBanx) and they offer some good rates.

If on the other hand you do not have a merchant account with your bank then solutions like PayPal / Google Checkout are great as they are quick to set up and very popular. The rates do seem higher with these "all-in-one" solutions but then you have to compare this to the setup costs of a merchant account and then your gateway on top of this.
15 years ago
OK, thanks for the advice.  Was planning on starting with PayPal until my site becomes established then upgrading to a full merchant account at a later time.
15 years ago
HI tietie, I have used Nochex for 4 years, its similar to paypal standard except that you have full control of the design of the payment pages (banners,footers etc, and you can use css)and theres no monthly charges.Give them a try.
15 years ago
Hi Mark, thanks for the suggestion, were you able to integrate the nopcommerce fairly easily?

Rick
15 years ago
hi, sorry no its my own designed cart using php (its not perfect,a bit buggy but it works), but i do hope the nop team will consider adding nochex in a future release.
See previous post http://forums.nopcommerce.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=372
15 years ago
Hi Mark, just had a good read through the nochex website, looks very good!  Looking at the costs involved its also likely to be a more affordable option than protx.

Rick
15 years ago
Hi Rick, give them a try ive had no problems with them, the thing i like about them is that there is no monthly charge low transaction fee and as well as that the fact that you can design there payment pages to look 100% like your own website! Hey it may be worth sending a post to development to to see if they will consider adding nochex to the road map?,and you never Know if they get some more posts they might.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.