Suggestion

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi

I develop sites for customers.  I looked at your product and here are my suggestions.  Please keep in mind that I am new with this product and you may already have the functionality.

Ability for an end user to modify screens like Privacy notice or conditions of use.  If I use this product, my clients have to call me so I can change it for them.  The screen would look like Post New Topic.

Some of my customers do not need a shopping cart.  For example, I developed a website that will display houses.  The website user will look at the houses and call to purchase.  They will never add houses to the shopping cart.  It would be great if the site had 2 modes: Shopping cart and catalog.  In catalog view, they will look at the products only.

Ability to add other pages or add an about us page.

Some of My clients do not need anyone to register at their site.  Just look at the products and call to purchase.

Thanks
14 years ago
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll create work items for them
14 years ago
SLoussinian wrote:
Some of my customers do not need a shopping cart.  For example, I developed a website that will display houses.  The website user will look at the houses and call to purchase.  They will never add houses to the shopping cart.

from admin panel you can disable the buy button for a product's variant, it will not show "Add to Cart" button.

you can also remove all variants of a product and it won't show the buy button (price won't be shown either)
14 years ago
SLoussinian wrote:

Ability for an end user to modify screens like Privacy notice or conditions of use.  

I have just added code to be able to do this
14 years ago
Simian wrote:
SLoussinian wrote:

Ability for an end user to modify screens like Privacy notice or conditions of use.  

I have just added code to be able to do this

Would you be willing to share this code?
14 years ago
FYI - CMS topics will be available in the next release of nopCommerce.
14 years ago
I have a question/ suggestion.  I have noted that you are working on a GST/VAT tax for the guy in NZ in the next edition.  In Canada, we have multiple taxes that need to be applied based on products and services.  In ontario for example, tax requirements are that consumer needs a subtotal and then GST calculated based off the subtotal and PST (provincial sales tax) calculated on the subtotal as well listed on two seperate lines.  A GST registration number has to be included on the invoice and then everything is added to a grand total.

I would like to have a box added to each product that could be apply tax based on the model you currently have of categories, but base it on taxable items.  

I would also like to have a visitor be able to request more information based on items they selected and emailed to my sales staff for follow up.  That would help increase possible sales.  Also since my product lines are based on Value added... I would like to be able to collect the types of items my clients want and instead of hitting check out they can request a call back to discuss particulars.  

The way your solution look/feels and the integration of blogs and news is awesome and its what I wanted to incorporate into my start from scratch design too.  The only other suggestion I do have at the moment is the opprotunity for a front page for company info and other sales marketing tools, but I would like to keep the same CSS and look and feel of the rest of the site in the process.  

I am excited to really get this site implimented and see how my customers are going to react to it.

In Ontario Canada, the government for whatever stupid reasons are adding a recycle tax to computer equipment, that either has to be built into the price or added on a seperate line.  I would like to add it in on a thrid "tax like line" but it would have to add based on the category of the product they buy.  I am not sure that they have to be texed or not. But that would be a great addition as well to the GST/PST tax add.  

Lastly, is there a way that I can select a premium client to be able to see private pricing and or logged in clients being able to see prices on items not allowed to be publically displayed or if they are out of my "territory" that I can restrict them from seeing products i am unable to sell them.

Thanks for the time.

Paul McDonald.
14 years ago
Paul,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

About premium customers. No, access control lists are not implemented
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.