can't compile changes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi I'm using VB2010 and nopCommerce 1.6

I can't figure out  how to make changes to the .cs stick and build/re-build successfully.

for example - I add a new button(lets say to the root.Master.aspx) and create an 'OnClick" event on the code file (Root.Master.cs)
now I'm building/re-building the site (build -> Build website) and the build fails on trying to build the root.master page

the error massage says that  there isn't a definition for the event... so it has completely ignored the changes to the .cs file
I've triple checked everything and don't know what to do...

I can create events using <script> on the .aspx and it works without re-building but I really want to work with the .cs files to and do it properly

thanks
13 years ago
Nop 1.6 opens with  VS2008. Did you make a conversion in order to open in VS2010?
Is it VS2010 express you're using?
13 years ago
I don't think I made any conversions to open 1.6

I'm using VS2010 pro
13 years ago
Why dont you post the markup for your button and the code for your click method.
13 years ago
sure,
here it is:

I believe the .aspx markup is 'fine' because when I delete the 'OnClick' event the page builds fine with no error

.aspx:
<asp:button id="Button1" runat="server" text="test" OnClick="Button1_Click" />

.cs:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

namespace NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.MasterPages
{

public partial class root : BaseNopMasterPage
    {

protected override void OnLoad(object sender,EventArgs e)
        {

base.OnLoad(e);    

}

//my addition to the code:
        protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

//do nothing

}

}
}
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.