Installing nopCommerce 1.7 at godaddy.com ??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Dear Informed and Helpful Person (you know who you are),

I have been unsuccessfull with installing nopCommerce 1.7 at godaddy.com. I can't get past the first couple steps in the wizard. I get errors that report the database cannot be found.

(Incidentally, I am using IIS 7, .NET 4, and I'm trying to install from a sub-directory, listed with IIS as an application directory, off the root.)

I also had an error that a Theme could not be found. That theme is used by an application in the root. I tried a suggestion: <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">, but that didn't work. I side-stepped this by simply providing that theme to the sub-directory. Now it's found, although not needed. (Strange! I think there's something inherently wrong with running applications from the root as well as from subdirectories, but it seems that godaddy requires it that way.)

I found a clue at http://www.mohamedibrahim.net/blog/2009/04/24/setup-net-nopcommerce-shopping-basket-on-godaddy-problems-with-sql-server-and-webconfig/

However, I don't know which "ammendments" I need to make to the web.config file. Also, the link provided within that page points to a missing page.

Is anyone here willing and able to provide more clues as to how to install nopCommerce 1.7 at godaddy?

Would the $20 documentation from nopCommerce provide my solution?

Thanks,
Dan N8PPQ
13 years ago
Whew!

I got it!

The clues from
http://www.mohamedibrahim.net/blog/2009/04/24/setup-net-nopcommerce-shopping-basket-on-godaddy-problems-with-sql-server-and-webconfig/
were sufficient.

First, I copied and ran the sql query files (Install>Scripts directory) in a "New Query" window in Management Studio. I copied and executed the files in pieces because they are so large. These files created the database tables and loaded them with data.

The only change I made to the web.config file was to allow debugging. I also noted the name used for the connection string: NopSqlConnection

Then I added my connection string to the connectionStrings.Config file and named it NopSqlConnection.

Fini!

I did notice that it loads slowly even after compiling the first time. I'm sure there will be lots more to do, tweeking and configuring. But I'm happy. I can move on now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.