Importing Products best practicies?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I did exactly that prior to coming to the forum. I exported from NopCommerce to XLS and I had about 120 products. Then I prepared a spreadsheet with same column names but different data and I got an error when I tried to import it; something about dbnull not resulting in an object. Then I removed the column names from the xls and tried to import again. This time I got a different error; Something like 'Name' is not a table. Do you recall getting these errors? I am running version 1.7.

I think stuff like thiis should be in the manual since it is such an important function that everyone will need to use.

Let me know if you have other ideas.

As always grateful,

Moe Lakhany

Latest update:

I just tried importing it again as you mentioned it, AND IT WORKED. I do not know why I was getting errors before but finally it is done. A big THANK YOU to you for being in touch. Its the same machine, same software (and same user).

Are you in the USA? If so I would buy you a beer (or two :))

Have a great day, Glenn.
13 years ago
Good to hear you got it sorted Moe!

I have seen the dbnull error. It is usually when a field is left blank. However even when I see this issue my import still works. Always just try to use th exported sheet and just edit this.

Location = Ireland, but thanks anyway. It is always good for me to hear I have helped someone else, as I am usually the one being helped :o)

Take it easy,

Glenn.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.