Configure default store name so that it is followed by a pipe and not a period.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
On the default install of 1.8, the store name that is set in admin>configuration>globalsettings looks and works just fine.  However when the store name shows on the front end in the <title></title> tags of the pages it has a period after it.  I want it to have a pipe after it. For example using the demo store, want to change it from

nopCommerce demo store. Contact Us

to

nopCommerce demo store | Contact Us

Can someone point out the file that this code is in so I can make the change?  This is the last tweak that I haven't been able to locate with search in Visual Studio.

Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
For nopCommerce 1.80, edit file Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\SEO\SEOHelper.cs and change line #1109
title = SettingManager.StoreName + ". " + title;
to
title = SettingManager.StoreName + " | " + title;
You will need to recompile the project.

13 years ago
Perfect.  Thank you so much for the quick reply. The change and recompile took less than a minute.

I think I missed it because I did a search for "StoreName" in the entire VS solution with match case turned on but had the casing wrong and searched for "Storename" instead -- Duh!

Thanks again.  This one change can really help to personalize the site.
13 years ago
I have the no source version installed, will I need the source version in order to do this?
13 years ago
Pdesignz wrote:
I have the no source version installed, will I need the source version in order to do this?

Yes, you need the source code to change this (also Visual Studio and appropriate .NET framework on your computer) -- this can be a very ambitious undertaking and probably noy worth it for such a minor tweak.

Perhaps the intrepid nopCommerce programmers can incorporate a configuration setting to change the storename/title seperator through the administration panel in the next go around for those that aren't into delving into the source.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.