Members area

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
So, I am pretty new to the NopCommerce scene. I will probably be investing in the documentation guide here soon. But one question I have, is there a way to set up some sort of fee that the user must pay in order to see specific pages. My site basically sells a service, and the information will be entered in an asp page but i really only want to allow the users access to this page after they have paid the membership fee. If not i suppose i could probably allow anonymous access and then only activate the service once users have paid, but thats not exactly the route i planned on taking. Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed, thank you!
13 years ago
You can use the ACL (Access Control List) feature in nopCommerce to do this.

Create a new customer role for your members.

When your customer purchases your "service", add customer to the customer role.

Create a new ACL for the pages you want to protect

Add the ACL to the customer role

On your page load, check ACL.

If you have a look at how this works on the admin pages you will see how to implement on the storefront - it's pretty easy.
13 years ago
awesome, thk you very much for the help, i saw the preset acl items and didnt realize i could make my own. One last thing, after the customer purchased the service would switching to the desired role be automated or would this need to be done manually in the admin panel somewhere.
13 years ago
You would need to do this manually.

You could automate it but this would require development.
13 years ago
this feature ( or similar to what you want ) is planned for release in v1.9 - you can add your vote for it here :

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/7970
13 years ago
Dylrod wrote:
and didnt realize i could make my own. .

Sorry, but I dont get how can one add a new ACL item. I know how to create a role and to assign items to the role, but no how to create a new item
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.