Can nopCommerce be setup to run from a subdirectory?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
If it can, how easy/hard would it be to set that up?
13 years ago
Do you mean a virtual directory under a website in IIS?

Sure, you can have multiple, as long as you have no conflicting web.configs in the main directory.

Do you have Full IIS access rights? Local box or hosting?
13 years ago
Thanks for the quick reply.

I know next to nothing about virtual dirs, I'll look into them.

edit: Both - hosting on Arvixe.com
13 years ago
Cool, I had one on Arvixe as well. Their dotnetpanel is quite slow for me.
Anyways
Go to your websites -> Virtual Dirs -> Create a directory (you can set one up through ftp first if you like) -> Choose a folder where you copied NopCommerce, You should see folders like
- Administration
- App_themes
and the like. Then go back to your newly created virtual dir -> Extensions -> Here you choose ASP.NET 4.0 and
make sure you also check the Allow Anonymous Access on the home tab.
This should be it. Now comes the database part. But this is usually done by the nopcommerce installer.

Keep you database credentials ready for this.

Cheers.
13 years ago
Already did an install in root, I'm trying to tear that down and move it - so the database already exists.

Got an error on the virtual dir in control panel, sent in a ticket.  Once that's resolved, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again.
13 years ago
Thanks much!

Ticket's been resolved, was able to setup a new virtual dir, and just drop a copy of the store there.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.