Product variant attributes and dynamic price updates

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello,
If I have a product that i have added a set of product variant attributes to that has price adjustments, there seems to be an issue with the price automatically  adjusting without being selected. I.E. if i have a product with the following four attributes setup for say color using a dropdown list:
Option 1: Select - Price Adjustment: 0.00 - Is pre-selected: 1
Option 2: Red - Price Adjustment: 5.00 - Is pre-selected: 0
Option 3: Green - Price Adjustment: 0.00 - Is pre-selected: 0
Option 4: Blue - Price Adjustment: 10.00 - Is pre-selected: 0

When navigating to the page, the price is adjusted by 5.00 without selecting any of the dropdown choices.
If i set this set of options to be required, then the price is not adjusted automatically. Turning off required makes the adjustment occur again. If i make the above a set of radiobuttons it works correctly whether required or not.

Another thing, if i have ShowAlertForProductAttributes set to true in All Settings, should this not trigger an alert when adding an item to the cart, without making an option selection, that has an option set to required?
Thanks for any info...jeff
13 years ago
hi, regarding 1st question, does your 'display order 'put the 5.00 option first in the drop down box ?

2nd question - if there is an item which is pre-selected, then the add to cart warning won't show
13 years ago
haydie, regarding the second topic,  you are right, i must have had a pre-selected option set. I will recheck that. thanks.

For the first topic, no the price adjustment option is not the first choice in display order. The first option is a "Select" statement and i have seen it do the same thing with "---" as the first option. The price adjustment is already made when loading the page....thanks...jeff
13 years ago
hi jeff, I checked it out and I see what you mean - curious

reported  on codeplex

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/9461

- hayden
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
hi, regarding 1st question, does your 'display order 'put the 5.00 option first in the drop down box ?

2nd question - if there is an item which is pre-selected, then the add to cart warning won't show

Haydie, regarding the second question, i double checked and the set of options that I was using does not have a pre-selected item in it. So it appears there still may be a problem with this topic.

The set of options is set to required.
None of them are pre-selected.
Display.Products.DisplayCartAfterAddingProduct = false

When adding to cart without selecting an option, the alert comes up that the product was added to the cart instead of the alert to select a required option.
13 years ago
hi jeff,

is it still  a drop down list attribute  you're talking about ?

if so, yes this allows add to cart without actually selecting an item-

I put a feature request on codeplex  asking that for drop down lists, there should be an option whether first line is selectable or not (kind of important i think ) but the request was closed  ...

:(

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/7894
13 years ago
Thanks again for following up and yes it is a dropdown list in question. The non-selected radio list does make sense but i wish your request had been admitted for dropdowns as well. I could always use a radio set but may look into the dropdown issue myself. thanks...jeff
13 years ago
Could you take the latest nopCommerce version here (it allows you to follow daily nopCommerce developments and improvements) and confirm whether this issue still exists.
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
Could you take the latest nopCommerce version here (it allows you to follow daily nopCommerce developments and improvements) and confirm whether this issue still exists.

Andrei, I downloaded the zip from the download tab and pointed to the code in the trunk subfolder as a new setup and basically setup the same Attribute Option scenario as above with dynamic price updates =true and Display.Products.DisplayCartAfterAddingProduct = false. The result was the price is not automatically updating now so it appears to work correctly now. thanks.

A question...i tested the above as a new install. If i only wanted to add the above fix to my existing 1.8 setup is that doable without integrating all changes/fixes that you guys have made since the release of 1.8?
13 years ago
jnet wrote:
If i only wanted to add the above fix to my existing 1.8 setup is that doable without integrating all changes/fixes that you guys have made since the release of 1.8?

Go to changeset 57283 and 57250 detail pages and click 'view diff' link in order view required changes
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.