Feedback after about 2 months of "real" usage (v1.11)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
First off, this is a great product. I've used this on my site for about 2 months now, the site itself has been good and I've been complimented on my site several times. Of course, I do in all fairness give credit to where its due. And I only speak of v1.11 since that is the one I'm using. I would love to use the new version but I'm so invested in v1.11 (lots of changes, time to make those changes, etc.) that I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon.

Now, a few suggestions that I've come across while actually doing business with (some of which may have been already implemented):
1. The search (and search box) needs revamping. Specifically,
   1a. hitting enter after typing into the search box is a no-brainer nowadays, the website should pick up for that.
   1b. The keyword search is too restrictive. Would full text search be possible? "Acme Ultra Cleaner ABCD-1" should be a result of a "Acme Cleaner ABCD-1" keyword search as it is not at the moment.
2. Auto Email settings should be easily changeable
3. Tracking numbers should be included in those emails or to orderdetails
4. Overhead for the CPU seems to be quite large. I've had my hosting service restrict my app pool after it hung with 75% CPU usage and my site was down until support could kill and reset. It should be noted that this happened after growing to over 2500 items. It hung specifically in Administration>Catalog>Categories, the whole site crawls and throws a 503 error eventually when that option is clicked.
5. FedEx Calculator... would be nice.
6. Two items in the product grid seems somewhat of a waste of good screen real estate. Making that adjustable would be good.
7. The Administration screen is somewhat heavy when comes to 2500 products. On-the-fly controls take time, searching and maintaining inventory is a bit cumbersome. I end up using the back-end to do my changes mostly at this point. Now, this is more of a "FYI" on how I use it than anything else since I don't have a better idea to contribute.

Those are the major things I've come across, some of which I've already modified on my own, some others I've just given up on for one reason or another.
Anyway, these are meant to be constructive and definitely not to rip the product.

Thanks again for all your work.
14 years ago
thank you so much for sharing your experience

what is the url of your store please ?
14 years ago
I posted it a while back with the list of active nopcommerce sites but I couldn't find that thread so here's the link.

www.elliebonline.com
14 years ago
Nice site Darren.

I'm hoping to go live with mine soon (also v1.11) and I noticed your product pages were <productcode>-<productname>.aspx as opposed to <productnumber>.aspx

I'd like to do something similar for SEO so could you please point me in the right direction?

Thx.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.