Still no way to import products and assign them to categories?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

My first post here and first I want to say I really love nopCommerce and am pretty blown away by the outstanding quality and robustness of the product - but I absolutely can't beleive there is still no way to import all the products and assign them categories automatically.

I'm disappointed because I want to change my (way too expensive) eBay store over to a nopstore Commerce but I need to import all my products and assign them to my categories and I simply can't do it manually as I have over 1000 products.

Like many others I'm seeing posting on this issue, all I can see is that we need to alter the import/export ourselves - so before I put a load of time and effort into doing the coding for this, is there really no-one that has done this?  Should this not be pretty much in the top 10 for additions to the product?  It just seems strange to me this can't be done at present.

Is this something that's coming or should I just get stuck in and do it myself?

Mike
13 years ago
Hi mike, I've already done this and am loading over 20,000 items that automatically link to manufacturer and category as well as loads a "variable" number of photos for each product AUTOMATICALLY!

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6262/ive-integrated-an-excel-bulk-file-upload-w-pictures-images-into-v18.aspx

I have a thread going currently that talks about bulk inserts and how to get my code complete and integrated into the nopCommerce store.

You many need to alter a few things to get yours to work so I think that we may need a bit more information.

My excel file has two more categories that get imported (Manufacturer and Category).  The import function needs to be altered in order to handle this function.  I did have to insert one more column into my Manufacturers database table as my vendors have their own codes which I match to the corresponding ID # and viola - mapped!

The import function uses one line of code to do the comparison.  This is a 5 minute upgrade.
13 years ago
Hey - thanks for letting me know, really appreciate it!

I'll have a look later on (I'm at work now) but it sounds like you're doing what I need to though mine should be a tad simpler I think.... hope so as that will save me a lot of time and effort!

Mike
13 years ago
Hello Mike,

Were you eventually able to get the products into the NopCommerce ? I have the same problem and the same concern that no one has come to this hurdle?

By the way, can you educate the rest of us about how you got your products in, if you did it.

Thanks and have a lovely evening!

Moe Lakhany
13 years ago
Hi,

Yep, I have managed to change it so it loads products, images and assigns categories to products - just haven't had much time to test it yet sorry.  When I'm happy it's not going to destroy anyone's ecommerce site I'll release it.

Mike
13 years ago
We'll wait impatiently, Mike :)
13 years ago
Any luck on getting this mainstreamed? i have close to 4000 products on my latest site and the category and manufacturer mapping drives me nuts. the images arent fun either. Even using NopAdmin only speeds things up 50%.
Anybody want $50 to do this supposed "5 minute" change to my site? I'm not a coder and never will be.
13 years ago
I'll try and get this tested in the weekend... been very busy recently so not too much time to get it done sorry.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.