How to Configure Two Set Shipping & Handling Charge for United States and International

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
In nop 1.8 I've been able to set one fixed shipping and handling charge for select products and also set some products with free shipping and even apply coupons to all and it works works great -- at least on a dev server.  

Now ready to put into production and suddenly the client wants two different fixed shipping and handling rates based on shipping address.  One for the United States, the other for international (not United States) addresses.  Although he sends all orders by USPS (mail) he does not want to implement any "fancy stuff" or want offer his customers other options.

So, how do I configure two fixed amounts of "shipping and handling" to each product depending on shipping address so that, for example, if the product is mailed to a U.S.A. address it costs &5.95 shipping and handling; and if it is sent to any other country it will cost $8.95?

Searched the manual and forums to no avail :(
13 years ago
I don't see that there is any configuration options for this in USPS - unless someone else replies with a morehelpful answer can i ask if the following is an option for you :

I don't use USPS so I don't know exactly how it works but I presume it calculates the cost of shipping depending on weight and dimensions.

I've created shipping methods:

Royal Mail - (UK Domestic mail)  
Europe - ( including Eastern Europ & Russia )
Rest of World -

and used the country restrictions matrix ( on the same page ) so that depending on the customers country of origin , only certain shipping options (and prices) are shown.

I use shipping the by weight module

would the following work for you: create 2   shipping methods called  usps usa    and   usps international    

set the country restrictions and then use the shipping by weight method - once the order is processed, have the store owner arrange the USPS shipping (manually) depending on where they are being sent ??

Please, if someone knows a better way, please post
13 years ago
If you use the USPS calculations they do indeed ship by weight and/or size.  In my clients situation, he just happens to manually ship the items -- they all use the the same size box and similar weight -- and the US post has standard fixed rates for  certain size and weight ranges.  Plus they even give you the boxes.  

I did some investigating on his present PayPal system and discovered that the shipping charge, at present,  is applied to the total order only!  This makes it much easier to configure because there are no product weights!

I set up the two shipping methods as you suggested (one USA only, the other International). This was very easy to do.

Then under Shipping Rate Computation Methods, selected Shipping By Order Total, made it active and under the Configuration tab set the total cost for each method. Under this tab, you just have to be sure to hit "add new" to set the rate for the selected method prior to hitting save.  When you hot "add"  it reveals a nice row for the method that can then be edited.

Way cool.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.