This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
during the installion process I changed the default email in the installation form. For some reason it looked as if it wasnt remembering my new details so I pressed save again and it said my new details are already saved. Now I am viewing my site locally, but I cannot log in either with my own details or nop default user and password. Any advise please?
13 years ago
If you cannot remember your login credentials or if nothing is working then you can do one thing

Go to registration page of your website, create a new account with different e-mail address

After you're done with your registration process, go to your nopCommerce database and find table "Nop_Customers"

Look for the new account that you just created and find the column "IsAdmin", and make the value from "false" to "true"

and by this you should be able to login and use administration section.

Hope it helps...
13 years ago
Thanks very much for your response. I'll guess that is something I could try, but my problems is possibly deeper than that. When I register a new account or use the forgot password app it takes forever... then the page times out. What might this be or where should I start?
13 years ago
Your Welcome...
forgot password won't work until you login to admin section and configure mail setting and forgot password functionality won't be able to send you mail when you haven't mentioned your admin mailbox in admin section, the best option is to do what i mentioned above...

but still if you are facing problems and cannot figure out how to solve it ,,,i would recommend to download a fresh copy of nopCommerce 1.8 and do the fresh install (and this time do not change admin credentials unless you setup your admin section 100%)
13 years ago
Would have been easier to download sql studio express log onto the database instance and check under nop_customers for the username :o)
13 years ago
Yes, but you would not be able to recover the password that way.
13 years ago
Where would I find the nop_customers file?
Thanks
13 years ago
it's a table in the database
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.