New to nopCommernce - Insights

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi.

I am new to NC and I am loving it more and more.  I just want to share my insights so far.

* First of all.  This is a GREAT tool, and the price is even better.   Definitely intend to purchase the powered by removal licence shortly.

* SEO: I think the out of the box product can still improve the SEO. For example, using <h> tags is very important.  It is good we can customize NC and add them, but I think they should come out of the box.   (Very, very easy to customize, though).  Also, there is too much clutter in the product pages.  The ViewState should be reduced to the minimum in the default and product pages, if it is not needed.  

*New user registration asks for too much information.  I was surprised that you have to put your address at registration.  And then later you need to add your billing and shipping.  If you decide to require an address at registration, it should default to billing and shipping.  Don't ask customers to repeat the information twice and three times.

* New registrations should require the bare minimum:  First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.  
Then when they are ready to purchase they can add their shipping and billing.  Asking too much info at registration time is bad.

Everything else is looking great so far.

Keep up the good work.
14 years ago
"New registrations should require the bare minimum: First Name, Last Name, and Email Address."

We like the fact that we can get Company name, City/State/Country so we have some idea of what type & locale our visitors are.

Actual address we do not need at the time of registration.

Personal Names are not important to us. Type of business (we now guess at based on Company name) and country is important to us.

We found over the years that many visitors do not wish to use their personal names (they left this out alltogether or used initials only) especially the female gender which is understandable) but don't mind keying in their company name.

We'll wait for a couple more updates before we taylor some of these issues to our company's needs.
14 years ago
"*New user registration asks for too much information.  I was surprised that you have to put your address at registration.  And then later you need to add your billing and shipping.  If you decide to require an address at registration, it should default to billing and shipping.  Don't ask customers to repeat the information twice and three times."

I agree with this statement, its still in the demo - are there any plans to make it default for shipping and billing? This would be much better and customers would love it more!

Cheers

David.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.