Recurring payments, variable amount? (UK)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
We have a fleet tracking site. A reseller wants to be able to bill customers and collect payments automatically. This is somewhat related to the "Subscriptions and Recurring Payments" thread but the issue here is:

The amount each customer gets charged will vary each month.

1. Can NopCommerce do this?

2. Do any payment providers in the UK offer this? (Looking at the code the SagePay module doesn't seem to support recurring payments *at all*?! Customer has HSBC account so I thought SagePay would be perfect!)

3. If Nop can't do it I have thought about programatically generating the order myself and injecting it each month but as this would mean storing credit card details I think it might be not allowed?

Of course there's also the option of not using Nop at all but I still have the storing credit card info issue.

4. I need a way to get simple notification of newly paid or declined orders

Can anyone help either with answers to these questions or with alternative suggestions?

EDIT - Number 4 no longer an issue
13 years ago
Hi Stephen,

It's only a couple of payment methods that support recurring payments - i'll search to find which ones, I asked when the feature was introduced

having not used a recurring product, i'm not sure how the whole feature works in practice so forgive me if i'm going off at a tangent

in any event, it seems to me that the amount will be set in the store, not set up via the bank (ie it won't be like a direct debit ) - the debited amount will either be taken from the item as it exists in the store at the present time or it will be set somewhere in the customers order so that it is fixed regardless of whether or not the store item price changes.

if the former is the case, i can see that to allow the price to change monthly/weekly/...  then the item itself would need to be manually price adjusted

if the later is the case then it might be possible to  edit the charge price (manually) by editing the item price in the specific customer order (via admin) - but again, because its manual it would have to be done every cycle period

- hayden

EDIT
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3536/recurring-product.aspx
13 years ago
Thanks Hayden. I've posted on that thread but it doesn't sound too promising.
13 years ago
BTW Hayden, SagePay offer "continuous authority". May be of interest to you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.