Outgoing email fails

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I've had an ongoing problem with outgoing email.  

It works fine if I send a test email from the Administration site.  

But, when sending order confirmation or using Contact Us page the email doesn't go out.  My current fix is to modify related stored procedures, but it should work as if works for most everyone else.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas of where the problem might be?
13 years ago
how do you set up mail from contact us page
13 years ago
I don't believe there is any setup to do.  I have only found one setting that relates to the Contact page.  It is Email.UseSystemEmailForContactUsForm.  I have it set to true.  It is not clear what would be used if it were false.  One can only assume that if it is set to true then the contact us form would use the global settings for email
13 years ago
Same problem here. I have on v1.70 and my test email works fine. But any email sent through the site via order or contact us is stuck in the Message Queue.
13 years ago
The same problem. Version 1.6.
13 years ago
Well, I upgraded to version 1.8 and the problem seems to have disappeared.  I'll post again if for some reason the app fails in the future.
13 years ago
I did figure out my problem.

In IIS 6, for the Default SMTP Virtual Server > Properties > Access > Relay > Added the local machine IP (127.0.0.1). It now works.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.