Go Directly to Product Variant

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
When there is only one product variant is there a way to go directly to the product variant instead of to the product and then having to click on "details" to get to the product variant? In other words, I want to eliminate a step in the buying process for the customer when there is only one variant.

I know I can to this by not having a variant, but without a variant there is no way to use variant attributes.

I guess another way to do this would be to be able to add variant attributes to the product itself without creating a product variant.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? Thanks!
13 years ago
artart wrote:
When there is only one product variant is there a way to go directly to the product variant instead of to the product and then having to click on "details" to get to the product variant? In other words, I want to eliminate a step in the buying process for the customer when there is only one variant.

Hi, I think you misunderstand the cart - the page where you find the 'details' button is a category page which lists all the items in that category ( with a name, image & brief description - and an 'add to cart' button for convenience ( this add to cart button only appears if there are no product variables to choose from ))

so, if you have 5 items in the category, 5 items will be listed, each with a 'details' button - this 'details' button takes you to the product in one click - once at the product, all options/attributes/variants will be listed in one place
13 years ago
Thanks for your reply.

I have only one product per category with one variant. What I want to do is go directly to the variant when clicking on the category link in the categories menu. I am trying to elliminate a step for the buyer since there is only one product and one variant.
13 years ago
clicking the categories liks takes you to a listing of products in the category (tell me a cart that doesn't)

so, i think i see what you mean:

the only step you can eliminate is the category listing - and either have the items published on the default/home page (on the product page, tick the checkbox 'show on home page' or manually create links directly to the products variants

eg

in the left column of TwoColumn.master (or in one of the controls eg categoryNavigation.ascx )

link directly to a product

<a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Products/1-.aspx")%>">Product 1</a> <br />
<a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Products/2-.aspx")%>">Product 2</a> <br />
<a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Products/3-.aspx")%>">Product 3</a>

these links will take you directly to a product page - this method is practical if you only have a few products
13 years ago
The only way to go directly from the Category navigation to a product is to build your own navigation control and remove CategoryNavigation altogether.

What you really want is a "Product Navigation".  I'm sure it can be done with a little programming work.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.