Copying Files to another server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all, I need some input here, and it's relatively urgent!
I have just installed 1.80 version on a test server, made a few changes to the configurations and then copied the files and the database to the production server. When I ran it the first time, it gave an error message, stating that the install folder was missing. I did not upload the install folder because I thought that was no longer needed, since I ran the installation on the test server. In any case, because it wouldn't run otherwise, I decided to upload the install folder and its files.
The problem is, when I ran it, it tried to go through the installation steps all over again, but stopped when it got to the end, with an error message that "You already have 1.80".
Can someone please suggest what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!
13 years ago
hi, look in your connectionstrings.config file

it's possible that the connection string is pointing to your local sql server or test server ( or that the file is empty )

you need to get a connection string for your current hosted database
13 years ago
I did everything right. The issue is not about the database, but rather the application tries to run the installation a second time after it was copied to the production server.
I need to run the files without running the application a second time.
13 years ago
i ask about the connectionstrings.config because if the file is empty

that is, if it has no database connection string

it will try to run the install procedure - did you check the copy of this file which is currently on your server ?

if your connection string is there then clearly it is another issue, but we need to start at the beginning and clear up  possibilities from there
13 years ago
Well, thank you for your help. I ended up re-installing the application. I have just finished reconfiguring the site now. It was good I did not make many changes on the test server.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.