Security error message - nop 1.8 on Godaddy Shared hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
At the administration I keep getting the following error message:
System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed
I use nopcommerce 1.8, I host it on Godaddy Shared hosting plan.
From my short investigation, godaddy & most of the shared hosting plans do not support full trust, they are working on medium trust.
There is any solution for that ?
13 years ago
stargatecyber wrote:
At the administration I keep getting the following error message:
System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed
I use nopcommerce 1.8, I host it on Godaddy Shared hosting plan.
From my short investigation, godaddy & most of the shared hosting plans do not support full trust, they are working on medium trust.
There is any solution for that ?

Hello..

Please take a look at this: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5865/error-trying-to-add-a-category-new-install.aspx
13 years ago
Ok, but I don't get an answer to the question: How to run nopcommerce on medium trust ?
13 years ago
If nopCommerce project is installed correctly it is capable of running on medium trust level it's just that you won't be able to use export/import/pdf/excel features, other than that it should work fine.
13 years ago
When I try to create a new blog at "add a blog entry" I get the error message.
13 years ago
Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: App_Web_q4f1qyvf.12.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request failed.]
   AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor.EditPanel.set_ActiveMode(ActiveModeType value) +0
   AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor.EditPanel.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +160
   AjaxControlToolkit.ScriptControlBase.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +8905944
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
   ASP.administration_blogpostadd_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in App_Web_q4f1qyvf.12.cs:0
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
13 years ago
try this:

Go to your hosting File Manager and make sure your wwwroot folder has got read/write permission

after this go inside your wwwroot folder > images and make sure this folder has also got read/write permission

if no t hen give these permission and then try running your website..
13 years ago
I did it and I still get the same error.
13 years ago
Any idea ?
13 years ago
the same here, ok how do I override the file uploading so not to use ajax in full trust. I want to do normal file uploading if that sould solve the problem.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.