Design Changes - Search box amoung some others

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Good Evening,

I am putting nop on a new site however there are some changes I need to make that I am not sure about. I use nop on another site and I am familiar with the administration of it but these things I have no Idea and I don't have VS 2010 either so wondering if its possible to do these changes without it:

1: Remove the Search box compeltly

2: Remove buttons from the main menu and add my own custom buttons

3: Remove the text 'CATEGORIES' from the left menu (I am not using Categories)

4: I am struggling to find the CSS to change the page background colour. Done all the other css but just cant find that one.

I am running the latest nop commerce.

Thanks in advance.

Max
13 years ago
Hello.  What I did was take a theme that was already present and modify it.  Use "styles.css" to change your backgrounds and colors.  I believe the first mention of "body" is the background color to the whole page.  You can change your basic pages by going into the "MasterPages" folder and editing the master pages for whichever # columns page you've chosen.

I'm running 1.5, so I don't know if any of this has changed.  Hope it helps.

~Gaius A

max_carpenter wrote:
Good Evening,

I am putting nop on a new site however there are some changes I need to make that I am not sure about. I use nop on another site and I am familiar with the administration of it but these things I have no Idea and I don't have VS 2010 either so wondering if its possible to do these changes without it:

1: Remove the Search box compeltly

2: Remove buttons from the main menu and add my own custom buttons

3: Remove the text 'CATEGORIES' from the left menu (I am not using Categories)

4: I am struggling to find the CSS to change the page background colour. Done all the other css but just cant find that one.

I am running the latest nop commerce.

Thanks in advance.

Max
13 years ago
In order to make text changes, you would need to open respective module files in either notepad and then identify which variables are called and then from admin go and change them.

E. Adams
13 years ago
Hi,

Modifying an existing theme is a good way to go.

You may have a few problems with removing references to things in the aspx/ascx files, as some items are referenced in the code behind so may give an error.

If you don't have VS2010, you could use Visual Web Developer which is free. This will let you modify the code and run debug etc without too many problems.

HTH.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.