how to add webservice in nopCommerce ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
There is a special series of products for with i would like to integrate webservice with nopCommerce.

For this series of product i would like to create a category and in this category i would like to populate all the products that will be coming from webservices and all the product information will be pulled from webservices to the website, how to accomplish that ?

For rest of the product categories i want the normal procedure so i want to add the webservices only for a particular category, is it possible ? if yes, then how ?
13 years ago
It is not only possible but is great way to improve the client experience.  Unfortunately WCF is not something that can be summed up in a few forum posts.

I have a add-on that I am working on that incorporates some of the functionality you describe.  I also have some video and text tutorials I am putting together that I hope will simplify this a bit.

I was hoping to have this site live this month but you know how these things go.  Hopefully by end of month and DEFINITELY before ski season.  

Don't hesitate to ask any questions.  I will try and answer as best as I can.

Regards
13 years ago
joebloe wrote:
It is not only possible but is great way to improve the client experience.  Unfortunately WCF is not something that can be summed up in a few forum posts.

I have a add-on that I am working on that incorporates some of the functionality you describe.  I also have some video and text tutorials I am putting together that I hope will simplify this a bit.

I was hoping to have this site live this month but you know how these things go.  Hopefully by end of month and DEFINITELY before ski season.  

Don't hesitate to ask any questions.  I will try and answer as best as I can.

Regards

Hello Trevor, thanks for replying back.

yes even i am trying to add this feature of webservices by which any store owner could save time of updating products and related information. As, many vendors and manufacturers of products offers webservices which i want to implement with nopCommerce based website by which products (and related information) will be updated automatically.

I would really appreciate if you could share videos / tutorials / source code or anything that will help me in understanding the concept of implementing webservices with nopCommerce...
13 years ago
Were on the same page Mike.  I've been at this for quite a while but don't want to put up something half-assed.

A quick nugget about WCF and what I have learned since incorporating it into one of my projects:

Configuration and setup of the service is everything.  The rest is pretty basic.  However, there are a hundred different ways to configure the service and they all have their merits.  

What is taking me so long is that I am trying to setup a series of best practices that (I feel) will incorporate with the existing code base.  I am not suggesting that the tutorials and code I will eventually post are the only way but I have spent most of my time striving to maintain and coexist  with the hand-crafted code that the nop team have developed.

I know this is a bit long on theory and short on practice but I assure you that the details of my efforts are coming.  I've spent too much time to abandon this at the finish line.  

In the meantime start studying  the data folder in the BL project.  Everything starts there.  Jordan Van Gogh contributed some of the code for the EF ObjectContext.  After seeing some of the other methods that are out there, I was really impressed with what Jordan submitted.  He posted some details about it here.

Stay tuned.
13 years ago
Thanks Trevor, i will wait to see the result (on your website).
In the meanwhile i will try to understand the concept to accomplish this, and if i come up with something that might help both of us then i will let you know on this thread...

the only difference in my situation is, i want to implement webservices on 1.4version and in 1.7version nopCommerce was moved to Entity Framework and in my situation i cannot update 1.4 to 1.8 because 1.4 was customized a lot in order to meet all the requirements..

Thanks a lot once again...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.