Setting up PayPal Standard

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
I was wondering how you let the nopCommerce website know which merchant account the Paypal transfers should be made to. Is it something to do with the PTI Identity Token setting on the page .... if so how do you know what to set it to?
15 years ago
Login to your PayPal account. "My Account" -> Profile -> Selling Preferences -> Website Payment Preferences, turn on "Auto Return" and set "Return URL" to https://[your store URL]/PaypalPDTHandler.aspx . Also turn on "Payment Data Transfer" and click "Save". When you save your PDT preferences, your PDT Identity Token appears.
15 years ago
Hi,
I am trying to integrate my PayPal Business Account with my store and I want to know
1. Should I have SSL for testing purposes?
2. I made a Test Account on www.developer.paypal.com and use it to set the [PTI Identity Token], [Business Email] and [Use Sandbox] on my store and make the [PayPal Standard] as active method. I wonder if any settings should i do to complete the integration!
3. after [You will be redirected to PayPal site to complete the order.] page and after the confirmation page, I got a Paypal page tell me [To access the PayPal Sandbox, please log in to PayPal Developer Central.].

* The customer should be able to buy without needs to create a paypal account.

Help please

Thanks,
Qais Afaneh
15 years ago
1. No
2. No
3. You have to log in with developer account (www.developer.paypal.com), and not test account. They're different.
15 years ago
Hi, I have a silly question. Everything is going well with paypal. With Business Email, is it my Paypal login email? For example: my login email to paypal is abc@nopcommerce.com. I must use it or may use sales@nopcommerce.com. Thanks.
15 years ago
If your Paypal login email is abc@nopcommerce.com, then you must use abc@nopcommerce.com as your business email
14 years ago
is there a way with paypal standard to automatically delete the purchase if the customer cancel in paypal's page?

that is if the customer returns to the store WITHOUT purchasing in paypal?

Cancel and return to yourstore
14 years ago
The order will be marked as pending and store owner will have to manually cancel/delete the order
14 years ago
ok thank you

maybe i will modify the source in order to delete the purchase automatically

saludos
rubenc
14 years ago
hey i think it can be accomplish with  

Instant Payment Notification (IPN), PayPal's interface

where your server comunicates with paypal server and when the transaction is completed and "VERIFIED" you can confirm the purchase in your store...

this way is more professional and less confusing for the customer...

because when the customer cancels the purchase in paypal's page and return to the store, and then he goes and view his purchase history, there it is, his purchase pending... "why? i just cancelled" he might think, no?

What do you think?

i will make this changes and let you know...

saludos
rubenc
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.