paypal at shoppingcart.aspx

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
How to enable paypal button at shoppingcart.aspx like google checkout button?
13 years ago
anyone?
13 years ago
PayPal Express button is displayed on 'Select payment method' page (if enabled). We could not redirect a customer to PayPal site from shopping cart page if the customer haven't selected a shipping method, billing/shipping addresses.
13 years ago
Im trying to change this but don't know for sure if it will work.

The user can click on a button "checkout with paypal" and is redirected to paypal. The trick here is to set the order total to 0.01, this way the user can select a new bill+ship address+add notes.

After this the user is send back to the confirm page!.. I pick up the new ship+bill adres info and added those to the account addresses.

The only thing I need to do is calculate the shipping cost + total price..Does anyone know what functions to call?

Now when the user clicks on the confirm nopcommerce button, I only go to paypal to get the payment confirmed.

Will it work? Im guessing, yes, but maybe someone can help coding the last part (calcship+total)
13 years ago
any plan to make this happen later as an option?

nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
PayPal Express button is displayed on 'Select payment method' page (if enabled). We could not redirect a customer to PayPal site from shopping cart page if the customer haven't selected a shipping method, billing/shipping addresses.
13 years ago
no one?
13 years ago
After a lot of work it seems to be possible to integrate this into nopCommerce 1.80

On the site, a new user wants to pay:
> Click on "PAYPAL CHECKOUT"

On the PayPal site:
> Login
> Click on "CONFIRM"

In nopCommerce a new account is created with buyer, invoice and shipment details from Paypal!

On the site:
> User selects shipment, etc. and confirms the order

Only 2 clicks!! and when the users returns the new order is added to the same account in nopCommerce.
13 years ago
so you got it working with 1.8? i am on 1.6
13 years ago
Yes, im testing and finishing it.

I've spend a lot of time on this. No really "a lot of time", so am thinking of creating an addon for this.
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:

I'm not sure about Paypal Express, but I'm pretty sure that you CAN do it with Paypal Standard, because you don't HAVE to send shipping or addresses to Standard - the addresses can be entered at Paypal and Paypal can add shipping if it is set up to do so. One note on that though is that you may not get the address sent to nopCommerce... not sure about that. The address will, of course, be in Paypal... but you may not have a record of it in your store. I don't know exactly what nopCommerce captures from Paypal once the transaction is complete.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.