Developer roadmap - 1. Moving to MVC. Your thoughts.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,

I have been using MVC for over a year now, and I'm very impressed!. The learning curve is relaively short and the advantages are too many to list here.

I'd agree that NopCommerce in MVC would be a unique proposition and would devinetly bring this already great project to a new level in terms of performance and ease of customization.

Mihai
12 years ago
I didn't take the time to read all of the previous posts nor do I have an existing site, but what I would say about moving to MVC is that it would put nopcommerce in a unique position.  I am a software engineer with 10 years development web application and think NOP is feature wise way ahead of many other ecommerce solutions (both commercial and open source).  
To really differentiate NOP the move to MVC makes sense as it would give NOP the ability to market many commercial solutions as archaic and outdated.  I'm obviously a big fan of MVC because often times I'm handed an html design and it's expected that it would work easily in the chosen ecommerce solution (MVC makes that possible).  MVC is definitely not for everyone and in some ways I agree that it may be a bit immature in the .Net framework but I foresee Microsoft putting their eggs in this basket and if you are the first it would be advantageous to take advantage.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.