Redirects to install.aspx

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello

I am new to nopcommerce. I have downloaded 1.8 today and trying to do an install on my dev server (2003). When I go to the web address it redirects to the install.aspx. I am wondering if there is a setting I need to flick.  I have taken the following steps to install.

1. Downloaded the upgrade for .net 4 (today - previously working in .net 2)
2. Created a new app pool
3. Created a new website (changed to new app pool and set to .net 4, host header rmcommerce.homeip.net)
4. Uploaded the files to the folder for this website
5. opened a browser on my PC (same internal network as the dev server) and attempted install
6. run the wizard, always got a timeout on the db install
7. Deleted db and ran a manual install (the three sql files and added a conn str)
8. Constr is as follows...
<add name="RMCustomerManagerConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=XXXXX;Initial Catalog=NopCommerce;User ID=*******;Password=*********" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
I use this con str for other dev apps, maybe this is the issue, I'm really unsure
9. When I go to the web site it redirect to the install.aspx.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Phil
13 years ago
OK Sorry everyone. I thought that once I posted I would realise my error and guess what? I have!

So my issue was in the connection string. I was using an old conn str name RMCustomerManagerConnectionString (from when I cpoied and pasted it in...) so I google searched for the default conn str for nop commerce and dropped that in and I'm up.

Hope no one ever needs this post, but if you do, check the connection string.
Phil

Default Connection String:
<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=YourServer;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=User;Password=Password;Connect Timeout=120"/>

Connection String I am using:
<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=YourServer;Initial Catalog=NopCommerce;User ID=User;Password="aPassword" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.