Config Error - on Net 4

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,
I have installed nopcommerce onto my server and now get the following error message.
Does anyone know this might be happenening please?
Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.
Source Error:
Line 30:       </assemblies>
Line 31:     </compilation>
Line 32:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 33:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 34:     </authentication>
Source File: C:\HostingSpaces\bennett\carvedintime.com\wwwroot\shop\web.config    Line: 32
Show Additional Configuration Errors:      

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Can anyone give me some much needed pointers please?
13 years ago
Coppers Lot wrote:
This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.
Is yours?
13 years ago
Try this.

Open IIS and navigate to the folder you installed nopCommerce on.  This will be in the tree view under default web site on the left hand side of the page.

If your nopCommerce folder looks like a regular folder and not the web application icon then right click the folder and click 'convert to application'.  This is for iis7.  IIS 5 and 6 are a little different but the principle is the same.

Try that and see what happens.
13 years ago
Barry and Trevor,
Ah !  I take it I must download IIS and install it on my machine for remote access of my Arvixe host.

I am used to Linux and this is my first foray into windows asp hosting.

I will download and see what happens, till then....Thank you.
13 years ago
Haha... no, you don't need any kind of server if you have your stuff hosted on Arvixe... why didn't you just say that?

You need to set up a virtual directory in your hosting account in order for nopCommerce to work. Go to your control panel and click on web sties and then click on the domain name and then click on the virtual directory tab. Choose "create directory" and make sure the path is to your nopcommerce installation, I use:

\mynewcomicshop.net\wwwroot

Which covers my whole site.

Then make sure that the directory is set to use .net 4.0 and you should be good to go.
13 years ago
Hi Barry,
I set up the vd before I posted.
I still get the same error message.
13 years ago
Well, I spoke to a friend on the phone from this forum and using team viewer he changed my install site from a sub directory to the main directory and the software compiled first time.

I dont know why it would not work using a sub directory called "shop" but it wouldnt.

So Its now up and running for me.

Lets see how it goes.
13 years ago
I would have thought that it would run from a subdirectory, but I have never tried it.
13 years ago
I has resolve this problem by one of this way or both.
1/ Remove .net framework and reinstall
2/ go IIS set to .Net version 4.0 and Set ASP.Net V4.0.30319 From 'Prohibited' To 'Allowed'

Try this ! i always do that and it success with me.

Pls reply work success to help other people !
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.