International Shipping USPS not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
We are having trouble getting the website configured to ship to any International address from Maine, USA.  When we try to order something the response from USPS is "no rates are available".  How do we enable international shipping in the Lib file?  We have some disabled so they don't show.  This is how it is configured now.  Any help will be greatly appreciated..

"Express",
                                   //  "Express SH",
                                   //  "Express Commercial",
                                     //"Express SH Commercial",
                                    // "First Class",                       /* 13 oz limit */
                                    // "Priority",
                                     "Priority Commercial"
                                    // "Parcel",
                                    // "Library",
                                    // "BPM",
                                   //  "Media",
                                    //"ALL",
                                    // "ONLINE"

the website is http://zinniaclothing.com
13 years ago
It looks to me like you only have "Express" and "Priority Commercial" available... is that correct? You may want to look into which options to block out, because I have USPS enabled and "ALL" selected and I get 12 different international options when I put in a London, UK address (from Florida).

One of them was: USPS First-Class Mail International Package ($17.64 (USD))

Which is exactly the price it told me when I looked it up on USPS.com - 2lb package

You may have to have "First Class" uncommented out to get this option, which you may not want for US customers, but I don't think you'll be able to get the international version without the domestic version... though I'm SURE that you can alter the code in USPSStrings.cs to send one string if domestic and another if it is international.

Let me know if you need help with that, it sounds like something I'm going to have to do for my site anyway.
13 years ago
Yes, I am going to need help with that.  Can I get your email address and I can have my developer work with you on it.  He can do it if he has some sort of information.  Thanks for your response.
13 years ago
It appears to be an issue with the state/providence field because it is automatically populated so nothing can be entered when a country other than the USA is selected.  Is there some way around this?  I think that is causing the issue with USPS because there is no State/providence when sending the variables to them for generating the shipping cost.  Can someone help with this?
13 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
It appears to be an issue with the state/providence field because it is automatically populated so nothing can be entered when a country other than the USA is selected.  Is there some way around this?  I think that is causing the issue with USPS because there is no State/providence when sending the variables to them for generating the shipping cost.  Can someone help with this?

For USPS international shipping rates, the only shipping address field that is needed is the destination country name. Postal codes, states/provinces, and cities are not used. Additionally, USPSStrings is not used for international rate requests; it is only used to request specific domestic rates. You also don't want to enable the "First Class" option in USPSStrings for domestic rates as it is limited to 13 ounces and nopCommerce uses pounds (1 as a minimum).

Which version of nopCommerce are you using? Have you changed USPSComputationMethod.cs?

13 years ago
Has anyone found a solid solution to the 1lb minimum on nop?  Some of our products are under 1lb and this causes incorrect shipping rates that are overpriced.  Even when changing our weight to ozs instead of lbs in nop... it still calculates in lbs.  I was hoping 1.90 would fix this issue... does anyone know?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.