Making changes after installation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

I am new to nopcommerce but have a background in c# and sql. I am looking to add functionality and make changes to code behind. After installing can this be done? i.e. do I have to redeploy the website by installaing it again?

What is the correct way to do things using Visual Studio 2010? i.e. from first deployment to future releases?

Many thanks
13 years ago
Recompile your solution after you have made your changes, then copy all of them to the "live" server. You do not have to copy all of them unless you have made changes to the files. Remember that its best to always copy the .ddl files since they are generated by compiler.
13 years ago
Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

In that case would I just need to copy over the dll's and the .aspx pages? Also I have put a copy of nopcommerce on a live server now and installed it. Does it's state change once I have done the installation? The issue I have is how do I use the installed version to develop on top of since it will contain all my settings. I am confused about how to develop locally once installed and use that for testing etc. Does that make any sense? My issue is using the live version to do my own development. I can get the original into Visual Studio 2010 but once its installed how do I convert that to a development environment.

Many thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.