Go Daddy DB Upload

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello Gurus,

I created a site in 1.6 and added apprx 5000 products with images and other stuff, now I have a hosting account with godaddy and need to upload my DB backup but godaddy does not allow to upload external DB. Has anyone run into this issue ? Are there any alternative ways I can upload my DB.

Is there a possibility of exporting my data and then import it in the godaddy account somehow.

Any advice ?

E. Adams
13 years ago
have you uploaded all your products on the database you installed on your local machine ?

If yes, then you can do one thing as Godaddy doesn't support attaching of your local database to server.

Create a new database on your godaddy server.

Now, Generate a script of your database along with DATA and run the script against the new database you just created on your godaddy server

and then link the database with your nopCommerce website in connection string.

Use SQL Server Management Studio 2008 for generating sql script.

If you want to know how to generate script of your database, here's a step by step tutorial:
http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/articles/5-generating-ms-sql-database-script-with-data-using-sql-server-management-studio-2008.aspx
13 years ago
Ok, what about the images that are stored in DB, will the script also import that ?
13 years ago
earnest wrote:
Ok, what about the images that are stored in DB, will the script also import that ?

in your nopCommerceStore folder you will see there is a folder names as 'images" and all the images usually gets stored in that folder, make sure when you will upload your project on server, you move that folder also that includes all the images.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.