Availability of PayPal Direct Plug-in in NopCommerce 4.20

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,

Can anyone let me know where I can get the PayPal Direct Plug-in for nopCommerce 4.20 version?  

I have heard that this plug-in has been depreciated by NopCommerce as the PayPal have changed their standards and introduced to the PSD2 changes outlined here:
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

But as I have confirmed with PayPal, the new PSD2 rule only applies to the PayPal merchants dealing in the UK. For other merchants, the existing plug-in should work fine.

As we deal in the US only, Can I get the existing PayPal Direct Plug-in in 4.20 version?

Thanks
Saurabh Dhir
4 years ago
saurabhdhir wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone let me know where I can get the PayPal Direct Plug-in for nopCommerce 4.20 version?  

I have heard that this plug-in has been depreciated by NopCommerce as the PayPal have changed their standards and introduced to the PSD2 changes outlined here:
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

But as I have confirmed with PayPal, the new PSD2 rule only applies to the PayPal merchants dealing in the UK. For other merchants, the existing plug-in should work fine.

As we deal in the US only, Can I get the existing PayPal Direct Plug-in in 4.20 version?

Thanks
Saurabh Dhir

Hello fellows,

I have found an alternate plugin for making direct payments (within the website) with PayPal via PayPal Braintree Plugin which can be purchased from here: https://www.foxnetsoft.com/braintreedropin

It supports Credit Card, PayPal, Venmo, Google Pay, Apple Pay payments.

You can try it for free which supports 100 transactions.

To make it work you will require the Merchant Id, Public Key, and Private Key which you will get after creating a sandbox/live account on https://www.braintreegateway.com

I have tested it in NopCommerce 4.2 and it works perfectly!

I hope it helps someone looking for a similar solution.
Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks
Saurabh Dhir
4 years ago
BEWARE Braintree!!!!!

ok when it works but pray you never have a question because their support sucks.   you get only one response a day and I don't care how well you think you can explain your problem, it always takes a minimum of 2-3 replies (meaning 2-3 days) before they will even understand what you are asking.  

worse,  there's a good chance that even after they finally understand the problem, they will just give up and tell you to "search stackoverflow for an answer".   (really?) If SO doesn't have the answer, you're screwed.

worst support experience of my career. (and I've had some bad ones)

note: I'm talking about Braintree here, not Foxnet Software.   those guys are good.
3 years ago
BrainTree update: just learned they only support web based processing.  Which is ok for server based apps like nopCommerce.   But I've got a front office app (c# winforms) that integrates with my nop store.  We process credit cards for phone-in and walk-in customers from this app.   We used to use PayPal Direct API from both nop web site and front office app.  

Had to switch to BrainTree for nop, now I'm migrating our app to BrainTree.   No can do.   They do have a .NET library for their API, but it can only charge existing payment types (repeat customers).   There is no way to create a new payment method.  

Who writes a payment processing API that can't accept new payments?  Not surprisingly.... BrainDeadTree, that's who!

So anyway....now I'm back to looking for a new processor again.   Sigh....
3 years ago
FOLLOW UP ON BRAINTREE:

After a week and a half of back-and-forth - waiting days for responses - I finally was able to communicate my needs to a BrainTree support tech and get him to understand.

As it turns out - you CAN charge new cards via the API.   It's not as well documented and a little round about because it assumes you are fully PCI SAQ D Compliant (which most folks are not).    But that's not an issue for me since the whole reason I am using BrainTree is to avoid storing credit cards in my database in the first place.   So PCI compliance is not an issue for me.

So - BrainTree?  *STILL* the worst customer support in the industry.   But at least I can confirm that the service is usable.   So be prepared to invest some time into it.
3 years ago
Figmo,

Which plug-in would you recommend payment methods for Nop? I am having serious difficulties in finding one that works in a stable way.
3 years ago
Which plugins have you tried ?
What is the problem with them ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.