Is it time to give up?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am new to nopcommerce. One of the main reasons I'd like to try it out is that it appears you can use different product templates per product.

I have a spare PC here with window7 ultimate, but do you think that I can get the software to work? I lost count of how many hours I have spent trying to get it to go.

I have done a few sites using opencart and it's a no brainer. Seems every where I read, people say nopcommerce should be up and going in a few minutes. I just can't get my head around why it won't work.

I must admit I haven't forked out the $19.95 for the manual, I was hoping to try it out before I did. However I am willing to buy the manual now, if someone can tell me that it has a step by step local server installation guide included?

If some kind forum member is will to help me out I'd be more than happy to outline the steps I have taken.

Thanks for looking.
13 years ago
Please explain exactly what problems you run into so we can assist.

BR
Joakim
13 years ago
Make sure that the app pool in IIS is set to .net version 4. Sometimes you need to reinstall .net. Search google for "reinstall net 4".

Its really easy, you just run one program and its done.
13 years ago
I have had a number of different goes at getting it working so my steps will probably seem a little strange now :-)

1: Initially I tried installing it using Microsoft Web Platform Installer.
2: I have IIS 7.0 Extensions Installed
3: I have Microsoft SQL Server 2008 installed and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
4: I have a folder called inetpub at the root directory. In there is a folder wwwroot and in there is the folder "nopcommerce"

Initially when I browsed to http://localhost/nopcommerce/install/install.aspx I got the installation screen, but I wasn't sure how to create the database / or link to it.

Since then I have put a copy of 1.80 in the wwwroot directory and now when I go to http://localhost/nopcommerce/install/install.aspx I get errors.

As you can see I'm in a right mess :-)

I get the feeling I have made something not complicated.....complicated.
13 years ago
If you can see the ... http://localhost/nopcommerce/install/install.aspx

Select the SQL Server Account - username (what you use to log into your windows 7 account / password same as that one...)

PS: I have the manual and is very useful, to see how the NopCommerce - works (298 pages) and has a chapter in the install / local and server
13 years ago
I am not sure about what iam going to say, but:

I just installed nopcommerce today, Before i had problems with the virtual directory and the url.
To install it i suppose that you have been uploading the nopcommerce folder into the root. you created the data base, etc.. So what you have to do is write www.yourdomain.* /nopcommercestore/install/install.aspx and will appear the wizzard.
If you have a problem with it such as " time out".  Check the virtual directory ( this was my problem during two days). use the same name pointing the folder and the virtual directory name. you can find it solved in the forums with screenshots.

And thats it, hopefully it helps you
13 years ago
sc00by1 wrote:
I am new to nopcommerce. One of the main reasons I'd like to try it out is that it appears you can use different product templates per product.

I have a spare PC here with window7 ultimate, but do you think that I can get the software to work? I lost count of how many hours I have spent trying to get it to go.

I have done a few sites using opencart and it's a no brainer. Seems every where I read, people say nopcommerce should be up and going in a few minutes. I just can't get my head around why it won't work.

I must admit I haven't forked out the $19.95 for the manual, I was hoping to try it out before I did. However I am willing to buy the manual now, if someone can tell me that it has a step by step local server installation guide included?

If some kind forum member is will to help me out I'd be more than happy to outline the steps I have taken.

Thanks for looking.

are you still facing problem regarding nopCommerce installation ?

if you want, i can help you in installing nopCommerce,

if you're trying to install it on your local machine, i can jump on your computer and install it for you...
and if you're installing it on a server, i can install it for you on your server...

let me know...
13 years ago
Hi all, thank you for the replies.

I have made some progress. Stupidly I didn't have IIS 7 Manager Installed. Now I have changed the nopcommerce directory to be an application and given it the correct permissions and the installation is working properly now.

However I am stuck at step 2. I am sure I have to create a database, but I can't work that one out I'm afraid.

Mike, thanks for your offer. I'd be keen to take you up on it if it doesn't take up much of your time. I have teamviewer installed if you are happy to use that. That way I can watch and learn too!
13 years ago
sure, not a problem
i have teamviewer, pm me your teamview ID and password, i can install your nopCommerce project now...
13 years ago
Pm sent thanks Mike.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.