Upgrade 1.5 to 1.8

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Having splashed out on new kit and now running VS2010, etc. I want to upgrade my nopcom v1.5 to v1.8 but I'm not sure if I need to go via 1.5>.16.>1.7 to 1.8

I've changed a lot on the 1.5 version - code, modules, stored procedures, tables etc so I'm not sure what to expect or look out for.

I can't find any forum topic that seems to spell out the basics or find anything about the change to the ORM (Entity framework 4.0) and the impact on custom stored procs.

Is there an upgrade document or something on Codeplex that might save me some time.

Any help would be welcome before I press that upgrade button !
13 years ago
you will need to backup your database first

run the upgrade scripts ( for each version from yours to the current ) over your database one at a time ( find them in the install folder)

upload all the new files from 1.8 to your host

remember to keep your existing 'images' folder intact ( and any others that have data you want to keep eg 'files' or 'backup' in admin

because nop has changed to entity framework, you may have to recreate your custom stored procedures
13 years ago
haydie wrote:

run the upgrade scripts ( for each version from yours to the current ) over your database one at a time ( find them in the install folder)

Could you explain that part a little better. Like for someone that has never messed with the db stuff that much. I don't really know where to begin with running scripts over the db?

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.