added the 2 sql files from Install directory to my database...now what?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Hi

I added the 2 sql files to a exisitng database that contains some asp.net membership tables. As far as I can see it made alot of stored procedures but no tables(at least as far as I can see).

So now I am not really sure what to do.

I have my connection string already made and it looks like this.

<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=Name;Initial Catalog=MyCatalog;Integrated Security=True"
     providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

So then in your very sort instructions it states this.

"The admin area should be the same URL + /administration/. The default administrator email is [email protected]. The default administrator password is admin"

I don't understand what is meant by that? What URL? The url my webapplication makes when launched?

Thanks
15 years ago
1. Membership data is stored into Nop_Customer table
2. Yes. The URL your web application makes when launched (http://localhost:1234/NopCommerceWeb/Administration/)
15 years ago
support | a.m. wrote:
1. Membership data is stored into Nop_Customer table
2. Yes. The URL your web application makes when launched (http://localhost:1234/NopCommerceWeb/Administration/)

Hi

Ok I see now those tables. I guess the view I was looking at was not refreshed at the time.

when I run my web application I get this

http://localhost:2628/

so It tried to this

http://localhost:2628/Administration/

But I just get a 404 error.

The database is connected and I have the string in the webconfig file so I am not sure what I am missing.
15 years ago
1. Run your application.
2. Click login button
3. Login with [email protected]/admin
4. You'll see "administration" link
15 years ago
The Error 404 or Not Found error message is an HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server but either the server could not find what was requested, or it was configured not to fulfill the request and did not reveal the reason why.

404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all.

support | a.m. Says

1. Run your application.
2. Click login button

If you still not able to see ur web try to check

http://localhost:2628/StoreClosed.htm

if can see this page means ur iis or casini is working okey then only u can for next step

Good Luck
15 years ago
ErrerAtAll wrote:
The Error 404 or Not Found error message is an HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server but either the server could not find what was requested, or it was configured not to fulfill the request and did not reveal the reason why.

404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all.

support | a.m. Says

1. Run your application.
2. Click login button

If you still not able to see ur web try to check

http://localhost:2628/StoreClosed.htm

if can see this page means ur iis or casini is working okey then only u can for next step

Good Luck

Hmm maybe I am missing a step here lol. What login button? what storeClosed.htm file. I have not made either of these yet.
15 years ago
It sounds to me like you are missing a rather large step - the web application itself.

Easiest thing is to copy the NopCommerce.Web directory to the machine you will host the site on (or ftp). Your virtual directory should point to this directory.

Once you have built your db (using the scripts in the install directory) then you just need to open up web.config (in the root of your app) and change the connection string information to match the login's etc you have created for your db.

Then try browsing to your site.

Hope that helps
15 years ago
retroviz wrote:
It sounds to me like you are missing a rather large step - the web application itself.

Easiest thing is to copy the NopCommerce.Web directory to the machine you will host the site on (or ftp). Your virtual directory should point to this directory.

Once you have built your db (using the scripts in the install directory) then you just need to open up web.config (in the root of your app) and change the connection string information to match the login's etc you have created for your db.

Then try browsing to your site.

Hope that helps

Ok I am not sure what you mean by NopComerece.Web directory.  I am not also too familiar with Virtual directories and right now I just want to do stuff on local host. I will deal with my host site when I am finished my site.

However I have made progress. I loaded up the the web application that comes with the 2 files for the db.  After going to the webconfig file I changed these 2 lines

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="testConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=CHOBO2;Initial Catalog=test;Integrated Security=True"
      providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
  </connectionStrings>
  <NopConfig>
    <SqlServer ConnectionStringName="testConnectionString"/>
    <Encryption PrivateKey="zsj%i2911ncmsdm1"/>
  </NopConfig>

So I am not sure if that is right. I can get to the admin thing now though.

Now I have a couple questions.

1. Most of these things in the web application I don't think I need. Like this looks like a pretty done website. What do I actually need in order to through it in a new webapplication? I am guessing I need the web config(not sure which one there seems to be quite a few) file but what else?

2.  Can I use still asp.net membership? I am looking through some of the files and looks like you have your own login stuff(I only see 2 new controls in the toolbox though - creditCardValidator and globalRadioButton).

3. This is what I am trying to do:

User creates an account
User can go into members area.
In members area user can sign up for a trail for 7 days(I am selling a subscription).
If after the 7 day trail(or they can skip it and buy a subscription right away). I want them to go through the sets of buying the subscription. After they have purchased and the payment has gone through I want to start there subscription(I will have a database table keeping track of this. When they try to login they will always be validated to see if the current date if not greater then expiry date).

Now I am not sure how to activate there account automatically since I don't know how to get a signal that they paid.

I am planning probably to just use paypal to start off with. I don't want to have a million accounts like google checkout and then get like $10 in each one.

So I am not sure what I need from that sample site. I also noticed the ajax used on the website does not work since the script manager is the one from vs2005(I have vs2008) not sure how to fix though.

4. Do I need SSL?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.