Amazon Product Importer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I was asked by one of the community members here about the code I used to query Amazon's product base for product information. I finally got around to creating it in a Web Control. It is really easy to install and use. I have zipped up the source code and made it available for download.

The control works with keywords, ISBN's, and other product numbering schemes.

The information retrieved from an Amazon query are:
Name of the item.
Picture of the item.
Short and long descriptions.
Price information such as list price, lowest used price, and lowest new price.
Dimensions of the item such as height, length, weight, and width.

To download and try the "Amazon Product Importer", go to http://www.deccks.net/nopcommerce/amazon-product-importer.html.

Information on how to install the Web Control can be found at the above link.

If anyone decides to try it, let me know what you think and what could make it better. Thanks.

I have added the Amazon Search for nopCommerce to the download page. This control allows users who visit your website to search for items using the nopCommerce search tool and displays search results from Amazon along with any items from your inventory that match the search criteria. To download the script go to:

http://www.deccks.net/nopcommerce/amazon-product-importer.html

All you have to do to make the control work is use the nopCommerce search box.
13 years ago
deccks wrote:
I was asked by one of the community members here about the code I used to query Amazon's product base for product information. I finally got around to creating it in a Web Control. It is really easy to install and use. I have zipped up the source code and made it available for download.

The control works with keywords, ISBN's, and other product numbering schemes.

The information retrieved from an Amazon query are:
Name of the item.
Picture of the item.
Short and long descriptions.
Price information such as list price, lowest used price, and lowest new price.
Dimensions of the item such as height, length, weight, and width.

To download and try the "Amazon Product Importer", go to http://www.deccks.net/nopcommerce/amazon-product-importer.html.

Information on how to install the Web Control can be found at the above link.

If anyone decides to try it, let me know what you think and what could make it better. Thanks.

Great deccks, i am gonna download your source code and will give it a shot. I don't have developer’s account at Amazon so i'll create that too..

Once i am done , i will provide you my feedback...
13 years ago
Once you import Amazon products to NopCommerce how do you fullfill those orders?? Do you use Associate account? Is there any code for NopCommerce to have Amazon automatically fulfill the orders placed in NopCommerce?
13 years ago
Right now, Amazon Product Importer is a tool to help nopCommerce administrators to get product information fast and easy. If you have a suggestion on how to make this tool better, please explain with as much detail as possible what you would like it to do.

Thanks.
13 years ago
Thanks I understand, but my question was how do you actually fulfilll (send to the customer) this product? It is coming from Amazon, so do we need to have special arrengements with Amazon to have the order fullfilled? If yes, what program should we use? Amazon Associates or Amazon Fullfilment program?
13 years ago
You would have to create an associate account with Amazon. I have a front end version of the Amazon Product Importer that displays items when users search for products on nopCommerce. The items displayed from Amazon open a new window using your associate tag.
13 years ago
Thanks, would you be kind enough to share the front end part of your solution. I understand we van have mix of Nop Commerce items and amazon items in one website. What happens when user clicks add to cart on amazon item?
13 years ago
very cool tool to get the Amazon book data - worked a treat and your instructions very clear...
It actually took longer to get set up on Amazon than it did to install the code !!!
Thanks a lot! Great work.
13 years ago
Would you be so kind to post the front end code you have mentioned?

I believe this is a great feature and can get people started who do not have products imported. It should be part of the next release.
13 years ago
I have added the Amazon Search for nopCommerce to the download page. This control allows users who visit your website to search for items using the nopCommerce search tool and displays search results from Amazon along with any items from your inventory that match the search criteria. To download the script go to:

http://www.deccks.net/nopcommerce/amazon-product-importer.html

All you have to do to make the control work is use the nopCommerce search box.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.