Couple of Evaluation Concerns

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
First off, it's refreshing to see an ASP.NET open source cart...there's not enough .NET open source apps out there and i'm bored to tears with OS/ZenCart etc.
So kudos on a sustainable ASP.NET Open Source project.

Here's a breakdown of the solution I need to provide.

A site that sells time sensitive items such as concert tickets, even tickets etc. From what I can tell about nop is that it is a full functioning cart with enough gateway options to work with, it's .NET so that's good. I see the option to sell 'recurring' items but are there any date sensitive controls built into this?
Meaning can I search a date field for a product? I.e. are there tickets available on X date, or on multiple dates.
Has anyone around here ever used nopCommerce to sell tickets? Is there a contributed extension of some sort that could facilitate this?

Whether or not nop can handle this particular project, I'm definately using this in the future for my IIS clients.

Thanks Again.

-mk
13 years ago
I'm sorry but I think you did not provide enough information to make a clear design.

The date field that you want to search, can you give me more details about it? If the datefield is a variable, meaning that any value can be put into it, how do you want it to function when you search for it?

I think you should elaborate on your discussion.

Thanks,
13 years ago
Let's use Movie Tickets as an example.

During the month of November, MovieA is showing once nightly except sundays. There are a total of 15 seats available every night.

As a user, I would like to take my family of 4 on november 6th to see MovieA. I would have to do this by searching for the date I want to go. If it's a Sunday, I either won't see the result OR it will show as sold out. Likewise if all 15 seats were gone there would be no listing of MovieA or it's marked as sold out.

A calendar control is what I envision for the date checking itself, but more importantly the base functionality of items available on certain dates would be needed.

In ecommerce parlance, MovieA is the item, 15 is the Quantity, and the date would be variable based on availability.

So, Could I sell movie tickets in the above context with nop.

(I'm installing now on a testbed to dig around admin a bit.)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.