Really simple question...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Afternoon guys,
Just moved to nopCommerce from VevoCart (which you all should avoid!!) and i am styling up at site. What i would like to know is how do i set the page layout for the home page, and other pages?

I would like to have a 3 Col layout on the homepage, and some other pages. On others i would like a 2 Col layout.

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alan
13 years ago
you  can check the master pages,

there are root master page, 1 coloumn page, 2 coloumn page, 3 coloumn master page

Depending the page you are working, change the layout of corresponding master page.
13 years ago
Hi Eddy,
Cheers for the reply.

So there is no way to do this within the admin CP? You would need to do it manually on the pages?
13 years ago
You need to edit the .aspx pages to use the master page of your choice.  Not accessable from admin CP.

For example, if you want to make your default page 3 columns then edit default.aspx and on the first line

CHANGE:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/TwoColumn.master" AutoEventWireup="true"
    Inherits="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Default" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" %>

TO:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/ThreeColumn.master" AutoEventWireup="true"
    Inherits="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Default" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" %>
13 years ago
Nice one, cheers steve i will have a mess around with this later.

Currently trying to get v1.80 working! I installed V1.60 via the Mircosoft WPI (for some reason they have an old version!) Any how all i seem to get is a Runtime error! Can't for the hell of me work out why.

I have modified the web.config, so custom errors are "Off" yet it still displays the same message!
13 years ago
I would recommend to start with 1.8

Nopcommerce is the only shopping that installs and works as a charm.
13 years ago
Na totally agree!

Managed to get it installed with a clean install of 1.80.

Compared to other carts i used, nopCommerce is the nuts. Such a lovely system to use as well. Can't wait to get more into it, tempted to style the backend up too maybe make some changes etc.
13 years ago
>> Just moved to nopCommerce from VevoCart (which you all should avoid!!)

How bad was VevoCart? Was it the code, lack of features, or the ability to customize?
13 years ago
I would have to say the lack of support, the lack of control over the code. Oh and not forgetting my favorite their plain lack of knowledge about their own product!!!

Idiots and cowboys I tell you!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.