About add product button in admin panel

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
hello there......
i m trying to add a new product by the add new product button when i try to select category mapping and after entering into category mapping,i m selecting any category...but when i am going to save the product it shows me an error that is----

Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'IX_Nop_Product_Category_Mapping_Unique'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Nop_Product_Category_Mapping'.

please do needful on ergent basis.......

Thank you
13 years ago
I am getting the same error, my client reports that it is intermittent.  Did you find any cause / solution to this problem?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karim
13 years ago
okains wrote:
I am getting the same error, my client reports that it is intermittent.  Did you find any cause / solution to this problem?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karim

It should like it think you have already done it and are trying to insert it again???

I'd come out of Admin, refresh the page and see if it's there, or have a look at the database to see if the product is in the nop_products database and the nop_catergory_mapping table already.

Rob
13 years ago
Yeah, that's exactly what it was.  My client is on a relatively slow internet connection.  If he hits the save button more than once on the initial category mapping save then he will get that error on all subsequent attempts to save the product.  

The solution is to tell him to slow down and make sure to wait until the initial save is complete.   It would be useful at least in this scenario to have a modal 'Saving' dialog though huh!

Karim
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.