How to connect nopCommerce website with other website

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Ok i am in little tricky situation. I want to connect nopCommerce based website with other website.

My situation is, I will be displaying products that i will add from the admin section.

But the products that are having "Product Variant Attributes" , i want to capture those Product Variant Attributes from manufacturer's website.

Because by selecting Product Variant Attributes the manufacturer part number of the product changes. So all i want to do is, customer will select product and will be navigated to manufacturer's website and there he/she will configure the product by selecting Product Variant Attributes and after selecting different options from Product Variant Attributes , the product will get a final manufacturer part number and now the customer will get navigated back to the nopcommerce website along with that final manufacturer part number and now the customer will checkout.

Is it possible ? If yes, then how to make it possible ? i would really appreciate if anyone or nopCommerce team can guide me in a right direction...
13 years ago
Hi. My initial though is that it's not possible.

It seems that you want a "finished" product redirected to your webpage.

Now the problem with that is that manufacturer part number is static for each product, so in the current version you would have to add the attributes to your nopcommerce store - and then you really loose the point of redirecting right?

So I would suggest that you have your "main" product in nopcommerce and redirect it with a product id. Then make your own "partsku" and add that to the querystring also. Then make some custom code to insert the partsku in, for instance a checkout attribute or the like.

But I would look into Screen Scraping - depending on how complex the manufacturer page is simply make a screenscraping module that will add the right product attributes. And then do not redirecting at all....

Either way, I think you gonna have problems with keeping your stock up to date, unless you use drop-shipping (which you probably do with that setup.)

I don't know exacly why you wanna do this, but generally speaking, I think it's the perfect way to loose customers by redirecting to other websites ;)

br.

Chris
13 years ago
hello Chris, thanks for your reply.

The reason of navigating user to manufacturer's website is that it has been made a requirement in the manufacturer contract now.

so you're saying that it is not possible or not possible with nopCommerce only ?

I am not saying that we have to add Product Variant Attributes in nopCommerce database. what if i want to display a button that says "Customize" and on the click event of this button, we send productID along with standard manufacturer part number to manufacturer's website and then product is being configured and different Product Variant Attributes are being selected by the customer and in the end, the manufacturer's website return us the product ID with new manufacturer part number and now our code will replace the standard manufacturer part number with the new one in session time only. By which our standard manufacturer part number will remain untouched for future orders and customer order will display the customized manufacturer part number .

Is it feasible what i am talking about ?

One more thing in my mind is that how to do this for specific products only because rest of the product are not following this pattern or in other words rest of the products from other manufacturer doesn't require these things plus they don't have any Product Variant Attributes. so they will follow the normal pattern. So is it possible or feasible only for few products ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.