front-end

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello,

I need to change the front-end of few pages.
Where can  I start? and is there any example that I can learn from?

Thanks.
13 years ago
You have to download the source of nopcommerce. Install visual studio 2010 and sql server 2008. Open the source with visual studio. You can start by looking in nopcommercestore/default.aspx
Sorry have no example for you, perhaps I should create some demo screenshots
13 years ago
Hello,

Yes, I have installed Visual Studio 2010 and also Sql-Server 2008 ... so I'm assuming I have to get to the source code and add the fields but then :

1)How would that affect the back-end as far as database?

2)Would that be OK to add columns to a specific table?

and yes that would be great if you or other experts could post links about this approach and letting us know how to modify things properly.

Thanks!
13 years ago
This is from another thread here on how to add a field to the Products table.  This should give you some idea how to do it.

1. Add the fields to the table in question
2. Find all the Stored Procs in the database that relate to that table and add the fields as needed
3. Go to the NopCommerce/Libraries/Nop.DataAccess/Products/Product.cs and add the properties as needed.
4. In the same directory, modify the ProductProvider.cs to include the fields in the methods. Ensure you have modified all methods that list fields (updaters, getters, adders).
5. Go to the NopCommercs/Librarires/Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer/Products and add the fields to the SqlProductProvider.cs file... carefully ensuring you have made changes to all the methods where these changes are needed.
6. Go to the BusinessLogic/Products/Product.cs and ProductManager.cs and modify all needed methods and fields. You may also need to go into some of the other related classes too.
7. Finally, look in both the admin and user side of the web project to ensure your forms carry these fields as needed.
8. Build and fix all the methods you missed.
9. Build and run the application, then fix all the errors you made.

I'm not sure if this answers your question because you originally asked how to change the "Front End"  The front end is changed by modifying the CSS and the .aspx and .ascx pages.  This can be done using any text editor and does not require recompiling.

However, if you need to modify the "Back End" (add fields to the tables or modify ANY .cs code), then you will need either Visual Studio or Web Designer to recompile the project.  You will also need nopCommerce with the source code.

As far as I know, there are no tutorials directly related to modification of NopCommerce.  NopCommerce is just an ASP.NET application, so you can get help from good CSS and/or ASP.NET book.
13 years ago
That was exactly what I needed to know. I'm hoping soon we can see few samples of this kind of development.

Thanks indeed for your response.

Regards.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.