Discount requirement on Product Variant

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I've tried to create a Discount (Promotions -> Discounts) with the requirement "Had purchased one of these product variants" and Require Coupon Code. I've entered the ProductVariantID in the "Restricted product variants" field.

But if I now add the specified product variant in the basket and then enter the coupon code nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Markus
13 years ago
"As the above field, when this is selected the Restricted product variants field will appear, enabling the store owner to enter the comma-separated list of product variant identifiers (for example, 77, 123, 156) into this textbox. To get product variant identifier go to the Product Variant Details page. Had purchased means that a product variant has been bought and an order status is completed" (The User Guide)

So this product variant has to be already bought in one of the previous orders
13 years ago
Okay, Thank you.

Is there any possibility at the moment to apply a dicount with code to only one product variant?

Thank you
Markus
13 years ago
I had the same issue with nothing happening, however you can specify a discount per product.  When you are editing a product  Catalog>>Product>>Manage Products.  

Click on the Product Variants (SKUs) tab.  Define a Product Variant Name or Add New.  Then click on the Discounts tab and you can select an already predefine discount.  If there is nothing there then you will have to go back and define a discount.

I believe this way will only apply the discount to the products you have define that discount for.  Hope this helps.
13 years ago
One more thing to add....the cart should do something when the discount code can not be applied, is there a way to change that?  The only time I noticed an error message was when I purposely set the expiration date to a past day to test and I got an error message stating the code can not be applied.  

Can this msg display each time the code can not be applied?  

Thanks in advance.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.