Test environment/option

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

Just wanted to double check something that I must be missing...  

I have a host ready and waiting and I want to uplaod NopCommerce to this aformentioned host.  

My question is this:  How can I get it up there and leave it locked for everyone else but me so that i can test and populate with products.    

What I basically want is to have the Store closed option but a 'key' to get in.  

I know I can set it up on my local machine but I would much rather test on the real metal as oposed to my laptop!

Am I on the right track, have I missed soemthing obvious, or was my extensive searching in vain as I was using the wrong search terms....  

Can any one point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance,

Andy
13 years ago
Been thinking about this one, and I think I've been a bit thick...

If I make my default page to be my 'StoreClosed'/holding page but leave the store open this would provide the same result wouldn't it?  

Can anyone see an issue with this other than there is no security to stop anyone who guessed an internal page.  

Would this work?

Thanks in advance,

Andy
13 years ago
hi andy,

all you have to do is set the store to closed

then, for you to access the admin:

navigate to

www.yourstore.com/administration

where you will be presented with the admin logon screen

- hayden
13 years ago
Hi Hayden,

Thanks for getting back to me.  

If I go this route can I still see the customer front end?  I didn't think that I could? I thought that it would always send me to the 'store closed' page.  

Or am I mistaken?

Thanks again,

Andy
13 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Hi Hayden,

Thanks for getting back to me.  

If I go this route can I still see the customer front end?  I didn't think that I could? I thought that it would always send me to the 'store closed' page.  

Or am I mistaken?

Thanks again,

Andy

hello Andy ,

Currently in all the versions of nopCommerce if you mark the checkbox "Store Closed", then your public store will be closed, so even if you are administrator / store owner you won't be able to view the public store or customer's side. As an administrator you will only be able to visit your administration section.

But this feature is coming in 1.9version (in December 2010), which will allow a user with admin access to view the store while it is set to closed .

The changeset if ready, if you want you can download it from here or you can wait for 1.9version
13 years ago
Fantastic, thanks for getting back to me.

I think I will wait till December for 1.9 for this and all the other bits that are being added.  

Thanks again for your answer and great product!  

//A
13 years ago
hi andrew, it seems a shame to wait

you could easily get round the problem just now to let you set up your catalogue and sort out all your store settings while keeping the store inaccessible to customers

in admin, global settings, 'other' tab   set     Allow navigation only for registered customers      to true

and set registration method to     admin approval

that way, apart from you, nobody can browse your store ( unless you give them permission by activating them in 'manage customers )

alternatively, develop everything on a local machine and deploy to the internet later

- hayden
13 years ago
If i were you,

I will go to the master page and add a Response.Redirect in the code behind to blank page till the site is ready.

once the site is ready i will remove the redirect script.

But how will you test the site even after all the products are added, for that you need a live store.

What you can do is, disable the domain name and access your site with IP, most of the hosting providers will give this option.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.