New to Nop. Guidance would be appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello all,

I wish to try nopcommerce to tie in with an upcomenig real-world market stall. I have limited tech knowledge, so my questions may sound a bit silly, but here goes.

Is it possible for me to use nop on a remote laptop without internet access, or do I need to upload it and then customise through a control panel ? I have tinkered with oscommerce, and assume nop similar. If so, I recall needing to set up my PC as a server (again, no idea ho to do this). If its of any help, Im running Windows 7 starter OS.

Also if I build the site offline, is it as simple as just transferring the completed content straight to my hosting site ?

Thanks for your help

KS
13 years ago
With Studio 2010, you can run the site in debug mode (F5 or CTRL F5) but a DB will be needed. I haven't gone through the setup myself but i will be shortly.

Hope this helps.
13 years ago
it will work fine running on your laptop - you don't need Visual Studio either,

you can download the free version of visual web developer express from the microsoft website

and if you develop the site and later want to put it on a hosted server, that's easy to do as well

- hayden
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.