500.19 error (Error Code 0x80070021)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi All
I am new to the forum so hello to everyone.

I am having a problem getting my site up with my host. Everything works fine locally but I get the above error when I try to browse my hosted site. The output of the error is:

Module IIS Web Core
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070021
Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".  
Config File \\?\E:\kunden\homepages\3\d346350147\www\mysite\web.config

From what I have read on the forums/internet this is a inherited lock from IIS and needs to be fixed server side. I have a ticket open with my host 1and1 and they keep saying it is because I am missing the following in the web.config.

<system.webServer>
        <httpErrors errorMode="Detailed" />
   </system.webServer>

I have added the missing line to the web.config files both in the root of the host and the root of the site directory but still get the same error. Any help regarding if there is something I can do will be greatly appreciated. I have limited dev experience but am a techie. The host is running IIS7.5 and ASP.NET 3.5 which is the only info I have.

Thanks in advance
13 years ago
hi, welcome to the community.

the current version of nop needs .net 4.0  to run

check first to see if your host supports this - if it does, then you may need to configure the website through your control panel or ask you host to do it for you

- hayden
13 years ago
Thanks for the response.

I have tried removing the website and uploaded v1.7. My Host is running ASP.Net v.3.5 so maybe thats a problem. Do any of the previous releases of nopcommerce work with ASP v3.5.

I have also tried preventing inheritance to the web.config in the nopcommerce sub site by wrapping the root web.config  <system.webfiles> section with <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false"> but this hasnt helped either.

I am at a loss. Maybe I need to change host provider but this is going to be a major pain with exisiting domains and email accounts etc.
13 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Thanks for the response.

I have tried removing the website and uploaded v1.7. My Host is running ASP.Net v.3.5 so maybe thats a problem. Do any of the previous releases of nopcommerce work with ASP v3.5.

I have also tried preventing inheritance to the web.config in the nopcommerce sub site by wrapping the root web.config  <system.webfiles> section with <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false"> but this hasnt helped either.

I am at a loss. Maybe I need to change host provider but this is going to be a major pain with exisiting domains and email accounts etc.

Hi there,

You can use 1.6version (it uses 3.5 framework).

4.0 framework started with 1.7version

FYI: you can easily change your hosting company by transferring your domain so that your domain name etc will remain same. (For more information talk to the hosting companies that provides 4.0 framework support about transferring your domain)

Hope it helps...
13 years ago
I have a little more info from my host. They have informed me that they do not allow modification of the <modules> section of the web.config file and ineritance is forced down from the root i.e no override.

I do not understand code very well but assume that nopcommerce depends on the contents of this section in the web.config. I beleive this is the case for <system.web> generally in asp.net apps.

I am in the process of changing hosts so have the hassle of backing up emails etc, which incidentally my host decided to delete when I changed my package last time even within the same account.

The host I am moving from is 1and1 incidentally and I am moving to aspnethosting.co.uk as listed in the preffered hosts on this site. Is there anything I need to be aware of for setting up with the new host, config etc?

Thanks
13 years ago
I would recommend you these hosting companies (they are also recommended by nopCommerce) :

Arvixe

Softsys Hosting, LLC

These 2 above hosting companies are really good plus they offer 4.0 and full trust level which you might need for using few features in nopCommerce (like export/import - excel / pdf)

The best advise i can give you is that call these hosting companies (or anyone according to your requirement) and tell them that you already have mailbox accounts and domain etc. In addition, tell them that you want to transfer domain, is it possible for you to transfer my mailboxes so that i don't have to delete / re-create theme etc. They will guide in a the right direction.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.