how to setup sprint for sms provider ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Has anyone tried configuring spring for sms provide ? or it is only compatoble with verizon ?

What exactly is the use of SMS provider ? When a customer places an order the order details are sent to store admin by default then what's the use of sms ? What if store owner already gets e-mail notifications on his cell phone then sms provide will do the same thing right ?

If anyone opens account on clicktell then how does it works ? clicktell also charge something ? So my network provider will charge for the normal sms and clicktell will also charge me ?
13 years ago
hi ?
13 years ago
super wrote:
Has anyone tried configuring spring for sms provide ? or it is only compatoble with verizon ?

What exactly is the use of SMS provider ? When a customer places an order the order details are sent to store admin by default then what's the use of sms ? What if store owner already gets e-mail notifications on his cell phone then sms provide will do the same thing right ?

If anyone opens account on clicktell then how does it works ? clicktell also charge something ? So my network provider will charge for the normal sms and clicktell will also charge me ?

I haven't used the SMS providers (Administration > Configuration > SMS Providers), but they are used to send a text message to the store owner when an order is placed. If you can already get email notifications on your phone, you probably don't need the SMS message notification.

You could also use your carrier's SMS gateway to send an email-to-SMS message by adding your phone's email address to the BCC field for message template: "OrderPlaced.StoreOwnerNotification" (Administration > Content Management > Templates > Message templates)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_carriers_providing_SMS_transit
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7087/cc-admin-email.aspx#28880

13 years ago
thank you, second choice works for me
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.