ContactUs Page - Error - email not received

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I am trying to do a test in the Contact Us page by sending myself an email. Although there's no error prompted on the Client side, but I noticed I didn't receive my test email and went into the Admin Panel and found the below error in the System Log:

"Error sending e-mail. Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)"

I am not sure where to begin troubleshooting at this point. I wonder if anybody have any leads for me to start troubleshooting this issue?

Many thanks!
13 years ago
It seems like you haven't configured your mail settings in admin section

Here are the steps to configure your mailbox in admin section:

http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/boards/t/50/how-to-setup-contact-us-form-in-nopcommerce-solved.aspx

In the above tutorial, mailbox is configured for gmail account.

If you are using any mailbox other than gmail, you have to make sure the SSL checkbox is Un-Checked
13 years ago
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have set up a "sales" account and have no trouble sending or receiving from this account. However, when a user goes to my site and clicks on the Contact Us page, there he/she fills in the blank such as FullName; Email_Address; and then the Message, when he/she clicks the Submit button, the email is nowhere to be found (although there's no error display on the Contact page, but when I checked the System Log behind the Admin Panel, then the error will be found:

Log type: MailError
Severity: 11

"Error sending e-mail. Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)"

Thanks in advance for any leads to start!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.