Email A Friend feature

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I checked in the Admin Panel to make sure that the feature "Email A Friend" is enabled and indeed it is. When I click on the "Email A Friend" button, it takes me to the correct page. Somehow I can't seem to click on the boxex to do any typing at all. Any leads would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
13 years ago
By default only registered customers can use email a friend feature. You should see this message here (ensure that you're not logged in).

To change this behavior go to admin area > configuration > global gettings, then 'Other' tab and ensure that 'Allow anonymous users to email a friend' is checked
13 years ago
Hi NopCommerce Team,

I went in the Other tab and don't see "Allow anonymous users to email a friend" option for me to place a check mark. All I see are:

- Usernames enabled
- New customer registration is not allowed
- Customer email validation enabled
- compare products enabled (currently checked)
- Wishlist enabled (currently checked)
- email a friend enable (currently checked)
- Recently viewed products enabled (currently checked)
- Recently added products enabled (currently checked)

FYI - I am using NopCommerce V1.0
13 years ago
Hi, did you reply with some tips cause I didn't see any??
13 years ago
nopCommerce 1.0 is quite outdated. Upgrade to nopCommerce 1.80 (this option should be there)
13 years ago
Thanh you for your quick reply. Any info/resource I should look into as in where to start for the upgrade?
13 years ago
tombanh wrote:
Thanh you for your quick reply. Any info/resource I should look into as in where to start for the upgrade?

The best way to upgrade is to do one by one . first do 1.1 to 1.2 then 1.3 and so on...till 1.8 version

Make sure you backup everything before upgrading - backup database , save your image folder etc

Do a local upgrade and test before making any final changes to your website...
7 years ago
Hi NopCommerce Team,

I am using nop commerce 3.70. I need email a friend option. That option is showing me but mail not sending.
How can i enable that?

Thanks and Regards,
Poorna Chandran R.
7 years ago
poornachan wrote:
Hi NopCommerce Team,

I am using nop commerce 3.70. I need email a friend option. That option is showing me but mail not sending.
How can i enable that?

Thanks and Regards,
Poorna Chandran R.

Go to ==>"/Admin/MessageTemplate/List"

Make sure "Service.EmailAFriend"  message template  active.
7 years ago
Hi Sohel,

I already enable that one but still mes not sending.

Thanks and Regards,
Poorna Chandran R.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.