Control To Search Products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I am trying to develop a control that gives me the ability to search the products by their first character. Something like below.

A control will show the characters A, B, c, D....Z

If client click on A, then all the products that start with character A are displayed.

Anyone has an idea how I can do this or if you have done this before and can share the code.

Thanks for the help.
13 years ago
I guess the best way to accomplish this it to add a control that will display all the alphabets, and on the click event of each alphabet, the search results will be filtered.

Here's the solution for adding Alphabetic User Control (i think you can also download the sample code from here)
http://ramcrishna.blogspot.com/2008/12/alphabetic-user-control.html
13 years ago
Thanks for the reply. I am able to create a control that shows A to Z.

Now the question is where do I add the logic to look into the database, so that it's displayed.

I created Alpha.ascx, where does the logic to search the database and display the data go...

for example...CategoryNavigation.ascx is a control to display the Categories...where is the OnClick logic?

Am I talking sense, I am confused with the ASP :-)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.